Ronald McDonald Imposter Stuns Diners

Alpha

OSLO, Norway - This Ronald McDonald was in no mood to clown around. Diners at a crowded McDonald's in southern Norway were stunned when a man dressed as Ronald came in Thursday and launched into a tirade criticizing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based chain's policies, the outlet's owner said.

The impostor — a performance artist — refused to leave and had to be taken away in handcuffs as the restaurant's patrons, including several children, looked on. The incident made national news in Norway on Friday.

"He was screaming and yelling. It was very unpleasant," said Alf Floernes, owner of the restaurant in the southern town of Kristiansand. "It was supposedly some sort of art. If that is art, I'm a truck."

The stunt was organized by a troupe of artists as "sort of a demonstration against McDonald's," Norwegian media reported.

"It was very organized," Floernes said. "A big gang came in with him and was laughing and shouting in the back."

Norwegian news agency NTB identified the Ronald impersonator as Ole Bernt. It said he was likely to be fined for causing a disturbance.

Now that is pure greatness! :D:)

yeah i'm over it :)

But they do have the fjords!

That's one of the few good things that are in Norway.

wait, what other good things are there?

Edited by Agozer

They're consistently ranked as the best country to live in--worldwide. Cradle to grave health care and free university for starters. Very long life expectancies. Very high standard of living. Lots of unspoiled wilderness if you're into that.

Norway is pretty laid back. I've only been there very briefly, but it's where my family is originally from. It's actually quite nice! :P

(sorry, just felt the need to come to the defence of my grandfather's homeland!)

They're consistently ranked as the best country to live in--worldwide. Cradle to grave health care and free university for starters. Very long life expectancies. Very high standard of living. Lots of unspoiled wilderness if you're into that.

All Scandinavian countries fall into this category...and I'm not just saying this to root for my own country.