PHP Bit Torrent Tracker up at Retrogaming Universe

I've finished setting up a PHP based Bit Torrent tracker for my website, which is accesible from the links that are now up in the menus.

The tracker is open to anyone wishing to put up a torrent for share.

The only stipulation is it must be gaming material. Abandonware, classic games, PC, console, arcade, whatever. You are responsible for any material you post, but as long as you are comfortable posting it, post whatever you want.

It doesn't matter exactly what you put on the tracker, as long as it's gaming related. (ie: no movies or music, unless they are something like a video clip for/from a game or a game soundtrack etc)

At the moment there are only 4 categories available, don't mind that for now, just put your torrent in whichever category you feel is more appropriate. I'll get around to adding more categories, on a very detailed level at a later time.

You must register first in order to post/download torrents.

Go on! Make use of the tracker, it's up there for everyones use and members from this site are very much welcome to make use of it!

Tracker

Using the same users database as my main site would require too much editing, not to mention an entirely seperate database has to be used, as alot of tables the tracker requires, clash with tables already used by the forum/store. (Categories etc)

Thus I had to host up another database myself, just for the tracker.

That, and the data fields found in the tracker's "users" table, have alot of fields that are simply not the same as the fields in the "users" table the forum uses. This leads to even more editing.

I guess that's a good reason :D

Next step is finding something worth sharing...

PS: when you register, the list of countries you can choose is quite complete but there are missing ones like Iraq Iran and Ethiopia (while there is Western Samoa) :)

Just searching for the little details here :P

Edited by taratata

Guess I'll have to add them in when I get a chance. So much to do, so little time. Wish I could get some news posters on the site, I'm so busy with other stuff I have hardly any time to do it.