G G I New Color mode and "new" character

someone please expalin the tier system to me!!

seriously, I hear all this top tier crap and I don't know wtf it means. Explain

It's for losers to feel special about themselves because they know all the inner details and nuances of a game instead of just playing it to beat the crap out of your opponent.

But from basic thinking skills I have deduced that higher tier characters are better than lower tier characters.

ok, thanks :ph34r: *liked that explanation better*

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But from basic thinking skills I have deduced that higher tier characters are better than lower tier characters.

Execpt for Buri(you guys who play GGXX competetivly and visit fourms like gamecombos should know, for those who don't, I mean Bridget). Range Exploiting! As seen in the New Saints Glory Video in my sig!(even though i've seen better)

There's a sick Buri player who play around the local arcade here. All those damn lockdown crap, and the Bicycle Roger super (or whatever it's called) into mixups can be a tough one to get out at times.

Anyway, enough talk -- just watch videos; there's a crapload of stuff to learn from them, and you should visit gamecombos if you happen to want to learn the game, terminologies, whatever.

I absolutely do not believe tier lists. All of them are derived from tournaments which are only based on who is used the most and what characters the #1 player used. Since I've first started playing fighting games (SF2 and SamSho were first) I've always said that it doesn't matter of the character but the player's skills. My team I use in MvC2 is Hayato, Jill, and Gambit because I like those characters and worked at being good with them (same goes for Chipp and Faust and any other characters I choose in any other game).

And I've never seen a tier list that has stayed consistant with the others.

The most feared GGXX player would be Daigo. The last time I checked, he uses Sol *shudders*

Well, tournement wise, anything goes with in the battle. Like that Rolling Cancle in CVS2. I'm suprised no one here bitches on how Duo Lon in 2k3 is cheap. Justin Wong in the MvC2 scene has proved that Storm, Magneto and Cable are godly above all else.

Christ, we need to gather the GGXX players here in 1 location.

I absolutely do not believe tier lists. All of them are derived from tournaments which are only based on who is used the most and what characters the #1 player used. Since I've first started playing fighting games (SF2 and SamSho were first) I've always said that it doesn't matter of the character but the player's skills. My team I use in MvC2 is Hayato, Jill, and Gambit because I like those characters and worked at being good with them (same goes for Chipp and Faust and any other characters I choose in any other game).

And I've never seen a tier list that has stayed consistant with the others.

Oh yeah. I'm sure that my team of Roll, Dan, and Jin would be able to take down the top tiers (Magneto, Cable, Sent., Storm) after practice. Of course tiers don't exist. Tiers? WTF is that?!

In MvC2 more than any other fighting game, we all know this is a well-balanced game, and after enough dedication and practice ANYONE can be good. Tiers don't exist people. Especially not in MvC2 -- I thought we all knew that?! :rolleyes:

The most feared GGXX player would be Daigo. The last time I checked, he uses Sol *shudders*

Well, tournement wise, anything goes with in the battle. Like that Rolling Cancle in CVS2. I'm suprised no one here bitches on how Duo Lon in 2k3 is cheap. Justin Wong in the MvC2 scene has proved that Storm, Magneto and Cable are godly above all else.

Christ, we need to gather the GGXX players here in 1 location.

The last time I checked, Daigo was using Slayer! :rolleyes: (I hear he's finally seen the light and moved on to Slayer -- smart move.)

Hmmm... I play K groove so no roll cancels here. But the guys at my arcade tend to use A groove (plenty of roll cancel action there). And of course, how can I forget: Shoshoshoshoshosho!!!

Yeah, it'd be cool if we could all have a gathering.

When he used Sol, it was all leet. When other players do it, it's like "Fsck off fly"