What portable system you think will come out next

XXLEnigma

Whoa! :D you totally read my mind dude. i was just thinking about this the other day. :D it hit me that nintendo has the only portable out at the moment. it wouldnt surprise me if sony or microsoft came out with one by, say, next christmas. not this christmas, i think its already waaaay too late for that to happen. :cry: i wonder what it would be like. hmm...maybe instead of using carts, they would use little mini discs. they would just slide right in, like a cart would. what do you think? :D

i almost positive one of the next handhelds will be cd based it would make gaming portable gaming better and the games would be cheaper, i also heard that some lame company is making a portable where u have to d/l the games which would suck and they would fail before they began lol.

i also heard that some lame company is making a portable where u have to d/l the games which would suck and they would fail before they began lol.

unbeleivable. :D:D

nintendo is going to release a new gba with backlight and 6 buttons  nintendo needs some competition  and ithink sony can give it to em

Yeah but they haven't managed to get battery power loss down to 10% with the new backlight. So who knows when it will be released :D

Anyway the next handheld to be released is from Nokia. This beast is called the N-gage and you can read about it here. View a picture of it here. It should be pretty powerful but I hope the pad layout is not like the one in the pic. Too many buttons in the way which is not good for quick gaming.

There was also another handheld being made by phone manufacture Eriksson which you can read about here. It was cancelled in April last year though.

The GP32 is also being released in the UK sometime early next year. It has a few commerical Korean games, mostly RPGs right now. It already has a Snes emulator and lots of ports of Amiga games on it. It can play MP3s (mind you, so can the GBA), Movies and connect to the internet. That and it is only going to cost about £50 :cry:

Basically, any competition for the GBA is good because Nintendo have had it easy for way too long. 60% of the GBA games so far are complete crap, and competition will make that number go down.

Oh, and before I forget. You should all download Super MOnkey Ball Jr for the GBA. It is so damn good it makes me cry :D:D Get it it from one of the latest roms sites that I posted in this very forum.

With the GBA and the newest incarnation of the Wonderswan ruling the world. None of the major system producers will give it a shot.

Microsoft would fail miserably, they don't know the first thing about portable devices, let alone portable gaming devices.

Sony already said they won't touch that end of the market.

Nintendo will always rule the handhelds market, its etched in stone.

As for CD based portables making portable gaming cheaper. Are you out of you're mind? That would make it cost even more. And what would be the use without at least a 64bit portable? Microtechnology is too heat intensive for a 64bit processor in a handheld. (Heck look at laptops, they utilize 32bit architectures and a small but effective cooling solution. A handheld wouldn't be a handheld under these terms).

i see your point now cinder i never thought of the hardware aspects of a portable game machine but i am so glad someone agrees that most of the gba games suck nintendo has it so easy in the handheld dept they will publish any game for their handheld lol

• 1 year later...