Half-life 2 Going Gold In August...probably

Alpha

I've played the leak, I was impressed that it was actually almost done. Parts to rewrite, which was mostly steam's and HL2's netcode.

Without playing the leak, tech demo after tech demo, it's all been the same, stop showing me the damn game already. Yes it looks nice, yes it will be longer, but i'm just sick of it. I've seen the engine already, and it's called CryTech. Built differently, but visually similar.

I've played the leak, I was impressed that it was actually almost done. Parts to rewrite, which was mostly steam's and HL2's netcode.

Without playing the leak, tech demo after tech demo, it's all been the same, stop showing me the damn game already. Yes it looks nice, yes it will be longer, but i'm just sick of it. I've seen the engine already, and it's called CryTech. Built differently, but visually similar.

Whatever...

I'm looking forward to more than just the graphics and engine... :lol:

The leaked version did not run///

What you all talking about...

All you could do was load maps and walk around a glitchy enviroment.

Some of you are acting like you really Pld the game threw, like blasted some aliens with lazers and crap like that.

The leaked version did not run///

What you all talking about...

All you could do was load maps and walk around a glitchy enviroment.

Some of you are acting like you really Pld the game threw, like blasted some aliens with lazers and crap like that.

Yeah but I enjoyed that. It made more excited about the actual release.

Some people are actually putting out mods with it. That could be the only reason I like it. Mods will be easier to port if they somehow got the leak. I know the leak doesn't repersent the full actual game, but it was fun.

I am looking forward to it, but I admit that the delay has taken alot of the shine of it for me. It isn't that much of a special release anymore.

Then you have got Duke Nukem Forever. I think they are going to have a hard time hyping up the release of that game (if it ever comes out!) The hype for that game died many years ago!

The "When It's Done Policy" is good, because it means makers are taking extra time to release something that is of high quality...but it also kills a game's hype and reputation abit. It is also quite annoying - the rest of the world have to abide by deadlines (like me; staying up late to finish essays and assignments), why can't game developers do the same?

They are either fixated on releasing an excellent game...or they are slackers!!!

I am looking forward to it, but I admit that the delay has taken alot of the shine of it for me. It isn't that much of a special release anymore.

Then you have got Duke Nukem Forever. I think they are going to have a hard time hyping up the release of that game (if it ever comes out!) The hype for that game died many years ago!

The "When It's Done Policy" is good, because it means makers are taking extra time to release something that is of high quality...but it also kills a game's hype and reputation abit. It is also quite annoying - the rest of the world have to abide by deadlines (like me; staying up late to finish essays and assignments), why can't game developers do the same?

They are either fixated on releasing an excellent game...or they are slackers!!!

Problem with that deadline is that hardware generations change so fast, you need to keep updating the code. This is aimed notably at DNF. First a whole new engine, then changed too UTGOTY, god knows what now.

Dude...Duke Nukem Forever hype will not die down. Sure, people make fun of it now but when it's about 3 months to being released, the hype will be in Duke proportions. :lol:

Actually, I really like the WID policy since 3DRealms can take as much time as they want to make the best FPS which will destroy HL2 and Doom III. Since they don't have any corporate pressure on them, they don't have to worry about cutting corners and releasing crap. And the longer this game takes, I believe the more hype it will have when its close to being released. People will be like "This game took 7 years to make! It's gotta be good!" And gamers would rather play a wonderful game than hold a grudge against a company for not releasing it according to their time table. And 3DRealms is one of those companies (like id and Square) whose reputation can't be lowered and the proof is one word, Xenophage. :lol:

Am I a 3DRealms fanboy? Abso-flocking-lutely. :P

And those guys are slackers too. :Dwid.gifwid.gifwid.gif

Edited by GryphonKlaw