Anyone Know If These Exist / Work In Egcg?

I'm wondering if copies of these exist that work in NRx EGCG version AND are recognized by its romlist. Some of them work in NRx.8c, but either have corrupt graphics or show up below the romlist for the EGCG version. Some of them I've just never seen/heard of.

Art of Fighting 1 (corrupt graphics?)

Burning Fight (not on list)

C. Tiger H. Dragon

Columns

Dyna Vliner (SRAM Error)

Ganryu (not on list)

MOTW (non-PT version)

Jockey Grand Prix

KOF 99 PT

Mahjong Kyoretsudon

Poker Night

Riding Hero (not on list)

Sengoku 3 (not on list)

World Heroes (corrupt graphics?)

I'm not looking for the roms, per se, just confirmation that they're out there. Thanks!

MOTW (non-prototype) does not work.

KOF99 proto should work, although I acuired file that make it the official one.

Sengoku 3, Ganryu and Burning Fight are on the list, But I guess your P1 roms are a bit funky (and Burning Fight, like World Heroes and Art of Fighting, is an MGD2 dump to boot)

All those other games, except VLiner, Columns, Jockey Grand Prix, Poker Night and the MGD2 dumps.

Ok, this is driving me nuts. I can't seem to get Sengoku 3, Ganryu or Burning Fight to show up on the list, and they're the last three I need. If you get real bored someday, might you post your p1s or send them my way?

Guys, If the roms don't show in the list then you can edit the neogeo.ini file and they will show in the list as long as you don't click IMPORT!

Anyways where can I download VLiner, Columns, Jockey Grand Prix, Poker Night and CTHD2k3 for the ECGC version?

How can I make Sengoku 3 show in the list without editing the ini?

Edited by axl

it has the friendliest User Interface known to mankind

other says because it is the speediest and lets their 166 Mhz PCs play the new games at decent speed. thats true as well but not always the case. i see far more people using NRX are users that can actually play games smoothly with MAME or Nebula, but way too lazy to fiddle with the GUI.

NRX has the most outdated emulation core by the way, even if you count hacks

Xeon basically covered it, NeoRagex is the easiest Neo Geo emu to use, period. There are very few games that don't work (basically, new ones work in EGCG, old ones work in version 0.8C), and usually it's a naming issue if they don't (roms have to be named.rom, not.bin,with no dashes). It also has some nice render effects, particularly Edge Enhancement mode, which looks great on Neo Geo style sprites.

And Axl, yeah you can use the.ini, but that's cheating. :mellow: Seriously though, it feels like such a hack, and it's totally screwed if someone hits Import (unless you make the.ini read only). :D

Anyone ever Hex-editied to get a rom on the list? hehehe

Not unless your on XP. I use to use NRX before I converted to Kawaks. There was that, and my romsets didn't work correctly, or at all with NRX.

Not unless your on XP.

What do you mean by that?

NRx has worked fine for me since I was using win98, and with the hacked versions (mentioned above), it's worked great in XP as well.

As for bad romsets... I've heard a few people complain about this, but aside from the occasional corrupt or missing file (which wouldn't work in another emu anyway), I haven't had many problems. Since I've learned about the rename trick, I haven't found a rom (other than the bad files mentioned above) I couldn't get working. One or two of the new ones may require a patch, but only one (KOF2003) requires a special version of NRx, and none require you to mess with annoying.dat files.

All in all, it's just a matter of preference. With enough tweaking, either works well. I just found that NRx required a lot less for me.