Capcom Vs Snk And Capcom Vs Snk Pro

I think that Capcom Vs SNK pro is just a crapped up version of the game for the Playstation.

You think wrong. CvS pro is a sort of update/revision of the DC original (let's not mention the PSX game at all here, it makes me itch). Here's a list of changes (taken from a review on gamefaqs):

- There are two new characters, Joe Higashi from Fatal Fury and Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter Alpha 2, who were added to this game, making the game having a total of 35 characters.

- The Secret Store from the first CvS has been removed, considering the fact that all secrets are unlocked for you. From the hidden characters, EX characters, and other secrets are there for you. No more of those large amount of GPs that you are required to earn that takes months to get everything perfect.

- Most of the insane juggle combos that were present in the original game are removed, a primary example such as Ryu's Shin Shoryuken cheap juggle, which will not juggle for full damage after the trip, but in fact for air counter damage only. You can still juggle off after the db+k move, though.

- The Groove Point System is back. The glitches that raises the GP up quick have been fixed. You can still score a lot and fight Gouki if you constantly ram away with specials, with primary examples such as Morrigan Aensland, Nakoruru, and Joe Higashi.

- You can now fight Orochi Iori and Evil Ryu if you do enough super finishes and gain at least 71 GP. Depending the groove you're in, it coincides who you will fight. Playing on Capcom groove you'll fight Evil Ryu, while playing on SNK Groove you'll fight Orichi Iori.

- The Ratio System has changed. Lower Ratios will take more damage and inflict lesser damage on higher ratio characters, and vice versa. I personally think this kind of ratio system is much better to that of KoF2001.

- The AI isn't that hard. I think it was SNK that programmed the AI. I remember SNK 2D fighting games are much easier compared to Capcom's.

- There are also other changes such as green life bars rather than yellow previously. The SNK groove allows Desperation mode when you have 25% health left, unlike the KoF '97 & '98 Extra grooves, where it's only active at 10% health remaining. That doesn't mean that Capcom changed it.. it was also present in KoF'96 with a similar concept. The Capcom groove is the traditional SFA series groove.

- Most of the features in gameplay come from SNK. SNK invented the full use of rolling, running, dashing, SNK groove, color edit, all of which gave Capcom a huge boost.

ah nice , thanx a lot Sane great replay ! did u know if CvS Pro was released in jap only or also in US/EU for dreamcast?

Cvs.S Pro for DC= Jap only Ps1 version = Us/pal

I like this version the most, I think it's better than regular part 2 and part 2. I like using joe since he only has like 3 special techniques and 1 super making him nice for just straight up and to hand combat, and I think thwere are some new BG iin this version, I could be mistaken.