Kawaks: What's The Catch?

Can't say that i'm new to emulation(just never went into the technical details :) ), but i never knew that making some roms work with

winkawaks can be such a schlepp.

Here's my problem: i downloaded some roms (like kof2000,kof2001, kof2002, snk vs capcom, maitrimelee, metal slug5 and crouching tiger hidden dragon) and can't even make any one of them work in winkawaks1.49 (it just doesn't show up in the list when i want to load them) now i know that it has something to do with the DAT files for winkawaks with the loaders or something. But for the life of me i just dunno how to do it.

any chance that anyone will help me out?? :unsure:

I don't know much about Kawaks either, but I think you need a loadr to get the newer games working. After that, you must edit the Asr.dat to match your romsets (and the CRCs). Search the forums and you'll find different DATs for different games.

naah, i have v1.46 with loader. here.

how do i edit those rom crc data? how can fix them so that the games show up in the loader menu?

i have no experience with this ,so if anyone would pls guide me through the process i would really appreciate it

:unsure:

naah, i have v1.46 with loader. here.

how do i edit those rom crc data? how can fix them so that the games show up in the loader menu?

i have no experience with this ,so if anyone would pls guide me through the process i would really appreciate it

:unsure:

Do what K`dash said. Edit the CRC vakues inside the Asr.dat to match your roms' CRCs.

kewl. I'll give it a shot :unsure:

can i add games not listed into that asr file or can i only alter the settings for the games in there already?

ASR is to add new games dude. You can't modify existing games (to my know how anyways).

kewl. I'll give it a shot  :unsure:

can i add games not listed into that asr file or can i only alter the settings for the games in there already?

You can find proper DATs in the Rom Request forum so you can just copy and paste those in.

Ya know, i dl 4 different sets of kof2001 from different sites - i must be dl the same set all the time :P

and thx for the hint GryphonKlaw! :)