A Ps2 Forum/faq Site

• 2 months later...

ps2 parts really are cheap actually, even the parts that sony puts in when you first buy one. Seriously, I'm not making anything up. Especially the lense and the little magnet on top of it (the route of the ever so evil Disc Read Error :ph34r: )

ps2 parts really are cheap actually, even the parts that sony puts in when you first buy one. Seriously, I'm not making anything up. Especially the lense and the little magnet on top of it (the route of the ever so evil Disc Read Error :D )

this pisses me off, i dont play my ps2 anymore thanks to dre. and i cant be bothered forkin out some cash for a new laser. :ph34r:

:D

ps2 parts really are cheap actually, even the parts that sony puts in when you first buy one. Seriously, I'm not making anything up. Especially the lense and the little magnet on top of it (the route of the ever so evil Disc Read Error :( )

this pisses me off, i dont play my ps2 anymore thanks to dre. and i cant be bothered forkin out some cash for a new laser. <_<

:huh:

dvd/cd lense cleaners don't work on it you know. It doesn't do anything, the lense is still dirty. Yours most likely is still dirty. That must've been sony's marketing plan. They give you a warranty, or even if it expires, they'll fix it free anyway (with you paying S&H so it isn't really free, plus they do take a while) and all they'll do is give you parts that might last like a few months. So this way you buy another ps2 having them make more money. And if you do attempt to fix your ps2 yourself (opening it) they themselves won't fix it because you've figured out their secret :P

Anyways, my advice is...open up your ps2, remember where each screw goes, don't loose any screws, and just clean the lense with a damp cue tip. The lense cleaning discs are obsolete with ps2's. And remember, the parts on it are easily breakable because they're cheap, so be careful with those (a little dusting might help as well :D )

Edited by Weirdanzeige