Best Combat Simulator

Combat flight sim......IL-2 Sturmovik if you like WWII styled ones.

For modern, I have only played a couple and Lock On - Modern Air Combat is one of them, and I didn't like it. The controls are terrible (And I'm using a flight stick), the gameplay is too linear and it's overall just not that great of a game, far from the insane hype it was getting till it was released.

I can tell you that the worst flight simulator I have ever played is Jane's Israeli Air Force. God that game was boring!

But IL-2 Sturmovik is my favorite flight combat simulator.

There aren't many recent modern flight combat simulators. Most of them are WWII oriented. But my favorite recent modern flight combat sim is F-22 Lightning 3. It's a few years old but I really enjoyed it, it had great nuke explosions. :P

But some really fun modern flight sims are old school like A-10 Cuba! and Jet Fighter II.

You can get the demo for Jet Fighter V at Gamespot. It's gotten pretty crappy user reviews but its worth a shot.

Combat simulators - Since you didn't really define anything. Rainbow Six and America's Army.

Call of Duty just because it uses Iron Sight.

I can tell you that the worst flight simulator I have ever played is Jane's Israeli Air Force. God that game was boring!

But IL-2 Sturmovik is my favorite flight combat simulator.

Most Jane's games are subpar. I agree with the Sturmovik.