E3 Wrap Up And Some News Regarding I.d.

i thought ID is going to work on a modernized Quake 2 (intended to be a budget title as far as i know) within the short free time after Doom 3?

anyways i wish they would make something NEW, not another sequel to their line of FPSes.

and btw, that shot of an e3 girl,.......doesnt give her justice ;)

John Carmack wanted to do that but apparantly they're not. And this new game they are working on is a new intellecutal property so its not going to be Doom, Quake, or Wolfenstein.

Well it's not going to be based on any of the current franchises such was Wolf, Quake, Doom. As most of the people know, Quake 4 is being worked on by Ravensoft(The guys who did RTCW).

Well it's not going to be based on any of the current franchises such was Wolf, Quake, Doom. As most of the people know, Quake 4 is being worked on by Ravensoft(The guys who did RTCW).

Ravensoft didn't make RTCW, Grey Matter Studios did. Ravensoft made Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2, Elite Force, Jedi Outcast, Hexen II, and Heretic II. All of which use an id engine.

Ah crap, my bad. I get mixed up when ever RTCW is mentioned. I always think Ravensoft did it ;);;

i thought ID is going to work on a modernized Quake 2 (intended to be a budget title as far as i know) within the short free time after Doom 3?

anyways i wish they would make something NEW, not another sequel to their line of FPSes.

and btw, that shot of an e3 girl,.......doesnt give her justice ;)

John Carmack wanted to do that but apparantly they're not. And this new game they are working on is a new intellecutal property so its not going to be Doom, Quake, or Wolfenstein.

man, i dont know if that sucks or what. honestly i dont even have the hardware to run anything new nowadays, im just eager to see how much can be done with a 7 year old engine (Doom 3 graphics took eternity on the Q1 engine, being a more complex framework, i can barely imagine how long that can take on a Q2 engine)

Edited by Xeon

Ravensoft didn't make RTCW, Grey Matter Studios did. Ravensoft made Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2, Elite Force, Jedi Outcast, Hexen II, and Heretic II. All of which use an id engine.

I dont like the quake 3 engine, if thats what they're gonna use like they did in SOF2. It looked nice but it didnt play all that nice.

I dont like the quake 3 engine, if thats what they're gonna use like they did in SOF2. It looked nice but it didnt play all that nice.

You mean for Quake IV? I'm pretty sure Ravensoft is using the Doom III engine for it.

The Q3 engine is very powerful for being 7 years old. I hated SOF2 because of the hit-location damage. Gimme something like Call of Duty or Urban Terror and it's all good.