Free Webhosts

i got the PICTURES fixed with the.TXT thing... now i was wondering if anyone knows a free webhost that will allow me to let people download background mp3 from my page... cause geocities/angel won't let the background src sound download and play.  :P "HELP!"

- thanks

yeah it will.....I used to know the code for it but I forgot, it was something like "loop=infinite" or something

btw, make sure the sound musik isn't in big files or else they'll do like they did to me a year and a half ago and just suspend your account for like 3 hours.

yeah i tried that, and the song played a few times when i refreshed the webpage... when you say BIG is... 500 Kb big ?

no, that's actualy quite good (depending on the host)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah geocities had that option. You could always do like my friend used to and google for the code, you can probably find mos of them like in dbz sites and stuff, well thats where he found his anyways.

there's an easy way to do this for free, and it's actually pretty darn useful. head on over to the ftp://inferno.bioinformatics.vt.edu ftp server. on that server should be a directory like /pub/os/slackware, where you should be able to find -current.iso images. burn'em to CD and install it on an old computer (a pentiumIII with 64 MB RAM will be more than enough).

stick that comp on your network, configure the apache webserver, and direct port 80 traffic from your firewall to that box. Then just put your files on the Linux/Apache box and set up service with dyndns.org. Bam, free webspace with all the features you want. Not only that, but this machine can also be an pop3/smtp/ftp server. It could be lots of things... use your imagination. heck, if you have a static IP address you could pay for a domain name to point to your IP address (they're only what, $20 a year now?) www.ioriisasexybeast.com (or whatever) could be you.

I'd do something like this myself, but I'm in a financial bind ATM and I'm unable to afford the newly available DSL services in the area. :lol: I probably won't even make rent this month.

oh, and if you need a good firwall, I recommend Smoothwall GPL. It's a small Linux distro aimed at being a solid firewall. smoothwall.org (I use it myself, works like a dream).