Hot Question 5

This one is for the Action/Adventure Genre (Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, P.N. O3, The Zelda Series, and such...)

...My question to you all is what do you think there should be more of in these games? Should there be more action, or more exploration? Or maybe more of something else?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some obviously need more indept story. Some need better controls, some need to be more creative.

Yeah, theres needs to be more exploration then just kicking ass and solving puzzles.

They need CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

More RPG-like features?

Okay striaght-up action needs exploration, maybe a bit of adventure (not too much), and cool attacks. Too much simple hack and slash bores everyone like Enter the Matrix.

Okay striaght-up action needs exploration, maybe a bit of adventure (not too much), and cool attacks.  Too much simple hack and slash bores everyone like Enter the Matrix.

How about Ninja Gaiden, that game has those kinds of qualities.IMO

For me games like these need to have a really fun fighting and exploring system. Too many of these games are plagued by crappy camera angles which really hinder the gameplay.

And a multitude of weapons and secondary gear is always cool. I enjoyed Dungeon Seige which I consider more as an action/adventure than an RPG.

An explanation on how those characters can hold so many items  :D

It's one of the basic laws on console RPGs. :P In the same way as "why does the antagonist always wants to destroy the world?".