Hot Question 3

...This question is for the now-dead (apparently) Brawler genre...games like the Streets of Rage series, The Arcade X-Men (6 player cabinet all the way), and Final Fight and the such...What do you think killed them, and what could bring the good co-op play genre back to a good light?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are dead yet!!!! Sengoku 3 is one of the best, IMO!

Only that people prefer Beat'em ups over sidescrollers, cuz there there is more spectacularity, more combos and DM, but Sengoku 3 offers alot of combos and special attacks that it's hard to tell it appart from normal

fighting games!!! I enjoy co-op sidescrollers and wouldn't mind seing Sengoku 4 or Caddilacs and Dinosaurs 2!!!!!

Anon.

I don't think they are dead yet!!!! Sengoku 3 is one of the best, IMO!

Only that people prefer Beat'em ups over sidescrollers, cuz there there is more spectacularity, more combos and DM, but Sengoku 3 offers alot of combos and special attacks that it's hard to tell it appart from normal

fighting games!!! I enjoy co-op sidescrollers and wouldn't mind seing Sengoku 4 or Caddilacs and Dinosaurs 2!!!!!

Anon.

Yes...Sengoku 3 was a GREAT brawler...but its too bad it wasn't in arcades much (as far as i know) so I doubt its THAT well known...maybe its the start of the true ressurection ('cause 3-D doesn't quite have it yet...The Bouncer needed a bit of work and Fighting Force was just bleh)

Fighting Force 2 was more like an action/adventure, I didn't like it much!!

Also Sengoku 3 is well-known thanks to emulation!!!!!! It is still a great brawler and I bet alot of ppl play it still!!!! Romanian arcades are extinct so I don't know much about arcade coverings........

well sega just announced Spike out: battle street, a 3d brawler for consoles. that was in the arcades a few years ago. supposedly in the vain of streets of rage.

The lack of arcades in general now. I mean look at us from 1992-95. Those were the arcade PEAKS! Since 1999 rolled around, it's been slowly declining.

I used to love them, and still do love them. I think Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Streets of Rage are my favourites, but there are plenty others.

I agree, I think 3d killed them. They tried to make 3d brawlers, but they didn't work too well. I hope they still keep on trying. I think Fighting Force is an okay game, myself.