Codec Error

sorry i got a movie, and divx wont play it at all, and windows media player gives me the following error

Error ID = 0x80040265, Remedy ID = 0x00000000.

The error codes themselves mean nothing to the average user. All I can say is that the error occures in some hex memory addresses.

Get this program called GSpot (I have v 2.1 and don't know if its the latest). I don't know where I got it from but when you load a movie with it, it will tell you what codecs you need to play it.

EDIT: I found the site. Get it from here.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Yeah, that tool will help you identify what codecs were used for the video and audio. It can be very useful when you have no idea why it isn't working. You also may want to try DivFix, which is available at the site I mentioned above. Make sure to backup up the movie file before using it, just in case.

That's not all that clear.  What media player are you using and what codec?  Try checking out http://www.dvdrhelp.com for tools and information about video files.

i had a same problem like this but that was to play.avi format a similiar program like gspot tells you what version of codec you need to play the dvd.

sometimes the dvd gives trouble to play on wmp...i used mccenter.....or power dvd