Self Boot Games

Windows CE games should be autoboot in the first place.

No, I don't think that's a rule. Sega Rally 2 is not selfboot I think.

Anyway I should learn selfboot sometime, can't be that hard and bin2boot is not reliable enough. But I think making a game selfboot does add to it's size, so a huge game can not be made selfboot unless you downsample/rip out something. I'm not 100% sure about this so correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, I never really understood what all the fuss is about, I don't mind booting up a bootdisc, it takes like 30 seconds longer. And I like the reindeer :lol:.

because if you want to play on VGA, your going to have problems, plus i hate using those annoying things

and i know Windows CE Autoboots isnt a rule, but it should be, its really easy to do

Oh ok I read that wrong, I thought you meant they were automatically selfboot.

But utopia 1.2 adds VGA compatibity and will boot all VGA compatible non-selfboot games in VGA mode.

I don't know if Windows CE is necessarily autoboot or not, but according to the Echelon self-boot tutorial says that binhack doesn't need to be done on it. You can go to Boob! to find a tool that converts CE bin files to approximately Katana files (not positive, though). That may work, also you can use the /nohack option with bin2boot so it doesn't hack the bin file.

I'm not gonna put the selfboot versions of the games on my FTP untill I test 1 game fully, I don't want you guys downloading one of my patched files only to find it crases halfway through, lol

bust out a tutorial so us that are sending non-self boots can do em ourselves before they even get to you.

I had a problem with Silver today that bin2boot did not deal with.

so im guessin i gotta dig a bit deeper. 

You can make it a selfboot using the Echelon method, if you can't do it, I'll do it for you, as the echelon method can be quite tricky to follow!

Edited by BobRedthorp