Have 3d screwed fun in vidoegames?

alexis

Since 3d arrived and all that stuff of imitating or simulating arrived ganes aren´t funny any longer i mean the are not a distraction any more they ar ejust a mere copy of reality, when i play a game i just want to have some fun not do the same things i can do in real life, what do you think?

i think they are still a distraction from everyday life. whether thats good or bad, strictly depends on the reason or what the person is trying to get away from. whether in 2d or 3d, it serves the same purpose, i think. most games, the ones ive come accross anyway, give you an experiance inwhich you cant find in the "real world". how else would you be able to get the chance to, say, race in the gran prix, slay dragons or fly a starfighter whenever you feel the need. now say, if they came out with a game that involved going to the store to pick up milk, or cliping my toe nails, then i'd have to say thats going a bit too far. dont you agree? just because "it seems more real", doesnt mean it "is real". anyway, thats what i think. :D

I think most people like playing old 2d games is because of nostalgia (like me :D ) I think as long as gameplay is still always the main objective when making a game, then it will be fun. 3D + great gameplay = the best IMO.

I agree what ME! says about realism though. I don't necessarily want 100% realism in my games. That is why a lot of people hated Shenmue. I mean the fighting and adventuring is fun but going around buying food, feeding your pet cat, doing a job etc is really boring! I prefer for my games to stay unrealistic. It is nice to play a game and get away from some crap in your life (which is why so many people LOVE rpgs)

I agree also, the only games to do anything good with 3d a first person shooters and metal gear.

If you had a choice would you rather have a new metal slug or a new batman game with amazeing 3 d graphics were you can actually see bat mans intensely detailed sweat armpits????? :D gotta go busy day,

heave oooooooo.

oompa loompa doopa deee do emsleys got a dsl box for you ommpa ompa doopadeeedooo im going to go nopw before i keep singing this song.

i am not against 3d but i haven´t find any amazing 3d game in a long time, just Doom and........ well that´s it that´s the only 3d game that amazed me and got me to play it for hours, of well quarantune was good too, to be sincere to you i haven´t find much fun in the latest games not to mention the lack of originality

i am not against 3d but i haven´t find any amazing 3d game in a long time, just Doom and........ well that´s it that´s the only 3d game that amazed me and got me to play it for hours, of well quarantune was good too, to be sincere to you i haven´t find much fun in the latest games not to mention the lack of originality

i agree. but i dont think that this just stops with video games alone, we see this everywhere, in movies, tv, music etc. all sparkle and glitter, but no depth. maybe someday, our crys will be load enough for all the developers, designers, movie directors etc, and they will realize that this is not what we want. but untill then, they will keep on doing what they do, because they really dont know any better im afraid. :D

yeah i agree with you and it sucks, where have all the gr8 ideas gone?

a movie based on doom, a vs fighting game with comix chars aginst companies ones, the 9th yearly edition of a sportsgame, the sequel of the sequel of the sequel of a gr8 game, bands which are the copy of a bad copy of a succesful one :D