Best Rpg Opinion Thread!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn w/e.

Theres gotta be more to projectile/forces/and blades/spears to have fun with.

Next weapon on Rpgs:

Pillows and Blankies! :P

Pillow fight!!!

On second thought, the best RPG ever made was the RPG boss from Kirby Superstar.

You know I've been debating whether I'll get Vagrant Story or not, and I honestly don't think I'll like it from what I've read. The box puzzles being one, another is emphasis on so many different types of weapons and its subclass types, and it was mentioned that only a particular weapon *and* a particular subclass works on each monster or something like that -- it just sounds cumbersome than exciting. There's also the bit on assembling weapons and whatnot, and also heard that it's mostly a dungeon crawler.

For all these reasons...I think I'll get it. Yeah, it probably sounds like a stupid choice, but I guess I'm hoping that I'll be surprised and end up liking it -- what are the chances? Plus I know a place that sells brand new copies of it, and I know they are getting harder to find even though I think they're still in print.

Um...comments or anything?

I'll give my comments, since I gave a few earlier.

The box puzzles are the easiest thing in the game so far. When you use weapons agains certain enemies, those weapons get stronger against those types of enemies. There are also training dummies scattered all over the game which let you make your weapons stronger by constantly hitting those. Yeah, sounds tedious but it pays off in the future.

Lastly, the game isn't 100% dungeoncrawler. Sure, since the game takes place in a castle, you'll spend a lot of time in dungeons, but you'll see some sunlight eventually. :lol:

Agozer: Wow! Thanks for the additional comments.

Those training dummies sound retardedly funny. Yeah, I'm gonna give it a shot and grab a copy. It's being sold at around 25 bucks. Should be around 20 since it's greatest hits (it is greatest hits right?), but whatever.

About the dungeon-crawler thing, yeah, I think more and more I'm developing Claustrophobia (sp?), so...yeah. As more and more real life responsibilities get added to the list each year, more and more I feel suffocated. I'm in a prison. Society is a prison. :lol:

As more and more real life responsibilities get added to the list each year, more and more I feel suffocated. I'm in a prison. Society is a prison. :P

Sucks, doesn't it? :lol: Yeah, it's the way of the world unfortunately.