The P2p Wise Man Is Sad...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nonono, but the FBI wants to do with with all isps in the u.s. Which will probably include inspections of all comps which will probably be a real b¡tch for me seeing as how I like to download a lot of psx games and anime

They want to, but they can't. They don't have the resources or the man power.

The FBI cyber crimes department is more worried about getting terrorists. So far, the FBI has only been able to crack down on the big pirating rings like Drink or Die and Razon.

Its frankly quite impossible to check all computers.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Not enough man power, not enough time. The warez scene is taking a turn for the worst now. I say turn to see the light before they catch you. Speaking from *personal experience, go legit before its too late.

*I was caught downloading a few (new at the time) games and movies by U.S. authorties, but due to Canada's, much better privcay laws, I was safe. My ISP warned me that if I ever do such a thing again, they would cut my service. I only use Suprnova(for my greatly out dated game collection) if I can't find it around my area and sluggish of ordering it from an online auction/unknown website. When worst comes to wrost, I'll just unplug my second Hard Drive and hide it, since all my Illegal/Legal mp3s, (old, really expensive to buy on DVD) movies are on. If you're ever in a position where you can lose your computer, a second HDD with everything on it will help you as a back up priority.

Edited by K`dash

I'll never understand why napster seems to get shutdown every time it re surfaces, but programs like Imesh seem never to be targeted and even come bundled with spyware and has "legitimate downloads" of for example demos and sample songs. Also you'd think the spyware companies would have enough on their plates being worried about getting rrested for these new spam-related laws that they didn't want to be seen to support "illegal file sharing."

At least one cable operator is starting to comply with a federal law that has long required telecommunications carriers to help police conduct electronic surveillance, according to a source familiar with the company's plans.

Time Warner Cable is the first cable company to begin trying to adhere to the Communications Assistance For Law Enforcement Act, the source said. Cable companies are not yet required to comply with the 1994 wiretap law, but they see the writing on the wall.

The FBI's proposal would, for the first time, force cable providers that sell broadband to come under the jurisdiction of 1994's CALEA, which further defined the already-existing statutory obligations of telecom carriers to help police conduct electronic surveillance. Telephone companies that use their networks to sell broadband have already been following CALEA rules.

Source: CNet

Well it looks like the FBI will be able to spy on cable internet users.....DAMN NATION......Oh well I use ADSL and Dialup (When my ADSL service is down) so hopefully I'm safe :P

But I never do anything illegal :lol: