What makes KOF2003 emulation so different?

What makes KOF2003 emulation so different ?

From all Neo-Geo emulation it seems KOF2K3 is so....different? [Can't find the specific words]

Is this because of JAMMA board or something else?

The kawaks romset is the most different from all [i read it in Poirot Webpage]

The neoragex version is also diferent, the emu for KOF2K3 is not supporting backward compability [2K1,2K2, SVC, Samsho5,ROTD,PIM,MS5] i try to run them but to many glitches.

heh....i'm not a pro-emu guy, but i still curious to know.

Seems like NeoGeo emulation is ended :D [but in Speksnk i saw Garou2 screenshots-old news] Please warn me if i'm telling wrong.. :lol:

I would assume that KOF2003 use some new type of banking/protection method.

they have probably caught on and done something like that. I can't imagine that neo-geo emulation was ALWAYS this hard.

they have probably caught on and done something like that. I can't imagine that neo-geo emulation was ALWAYS this hard.

Well, the l33t hax0rs cracked the old banking method that SNK made for KOF99, Garou and others...SNK Playmore has taken things a bit further. As you may or may not know, Neo-Geo games really didn't have any kinds of protections untill KOF'99 came out.

Games on PCBs are harder to decypher over those on carts. Thats why I think.

Most Neo-Geo titles were never dumped from carts, rather the arcade boards. Sure, some of the *very old* titles were dumped from carts, but later arcade dumps of these games also appeared.

Well, the l33t hax0rs cracked the old banking method that SNK made for KOF99, Garou and others...SNK Playmore has taken things a bit further. As you may or may not know, Neo-Geo games really didn't have any kinds of protections untill KOF'99 came out.

actually, even the old titles such as fatal fury 2 or maybe earlier games have protection as well. emulation-wise, the reason it seems old games dont have protection is because the protections themselves are emulated properly.

actually, even the old titles such as fatal fury 2 or maybe earlier games have protection as well. emulation-wise, the reason it seems old games dont have protection is because the protections themselves are emulated properly.

That might be the case too, I'm not ruling it out. :lol:

Is that mean the problem is from the JAMMA board?

So that's why ROM Data Maker doesn't recognize KOF2003 Cartidge I.D, the program recognize it as CPS2 not neo-geo or its ID 271, also try it for MAME, Kawaks and Neoragex still doesn't recognize it.

Well, King of Fighters 2003 was released as both a PCB and a MVS cartridge for arcades. It also has its own BIOS, just like Irritating Maze. The difference between the MAME and Kawaks set is that the C roms are combined in Kawaks, but not in MAME. The same thing for the V roms. Kawaks uses a different S rom and the P2 rom *may* be a different file size (the dat has the old CRC, though), but other than that and the mentioned mergings, they're the same. The NeoRageX hack almost works on Nebula and I believe only the P1 rom is different than the MAME version's.