PS2 mod chips

iq_132

the magic discs aren't a good idea to get cuz its not just a simple swap, you have to eject the door by hand using either a chipped off credit card (they sell these as slide cards, big rip-off) or a plastic knife (mcdonalds anyone? :-D ) and then put in the game disc.

they also sell a fliptop case for older ps2's which the top filps open for easy access to swap but its a very very ugly case.

magic swap discs are also known not to play all games especially dvd-rips (dvds ripped down to cd size).

if you got an older ps2 and can or know someone who can solder very small points, definitly get a duo mod. www.foundmy.com sells them for $21 + shipping.

there are other mods but like i mentioned in my last post all of them play games except for certian flaws in magic 3/3.1

the magic discs aren't a good idea to get cuz its not just a simple swap, you have to eject the door by hand using either a chipped off credit card (they sell these as slide cards, big rip-off) or a plastic knife (mcdonalds anyone? :-D ) and then put in the game disc.

they also sell a fliptop case for older ps2's which the top filps open for easy access to swap but its a very very ugly case.

magic swap discs are also known not to play all games especially dvd-rips (dvds ripped down to cd size).

if you got an older ps2 and can or know someone who can solder very small points, definitly get a duo mod. www.foundmy.com sells them for $21 + shipping.

there are other mods but like i mentioned in my last post all of them play games except for certian flaws in magic 3/3.1

Have you actually purchased anything from foundmy.com ?

I'm just curious. I don't want to get ripped off.

the swap magic disk do work some games dont that where u download cdloader at

SWAPMAGiCFiX.COM if the game your backingup isnt listing then it doesnt need a fix. i made on own fliptop.about the dvd rip i dont care about them i always do a 1:1 copy never rip cause they ware out your laser. my poor dreamcast.

but why don't chip makers make the newer chips compatible with older ps2's anymore? Wouldn't that make them more money by selling a lot more?

ah screw it, I'll just buy that swap magic thing

Edited by Weirdanzeige

the swap magic disk do work some games dont that where u download cdloader at

SWAPMAGiCFiX.COM if the game your backingup isnt listing then it doesnt need a fix. i made on own fliptop.about the dvd rip i dont care about them i always do a 1:1 copy never rip cause they ware out your laser. my poor dreamcast.

one quick question dude, does the boot disk for the cd-r's also work with burned/imported ps1 games?

swap magic doesn't work on ps1 games, just ps2. also if you got a 30001 (it can be v1-v4) get either duo or messiah 2. believe me you're better off getting a mod tho it takes a pro to do it if you never soldered anything with small points.

yeah, I'll just get the breaker pro for now, then later I'll get the swap magic. I would hate to ruin my ps2's board by soldering w/the wrong type of soldering tool(especially if its the kind with a lot of voltage)

• 3 weeks later...