Comments on FBAGhost 'Project D'

+ T +

I just have a few comments I'd like to make regarding FBAGhost. First of all, it's great being able to run the decrypted romsets, but I did notice that two are missing, Nightmare in the Dark (nitdn) and Bang Bead (bngbeadn). Do you plan to add support for these in the future?

Another little thing worth a mention is that the readme states that for Metal Slug 5 your file should be named mslug5nd.zip, whereas mine only showed up on the list when I renamed it to mslug5n.zip.

And is it possible to remove the loading messages that tell you what your CRCs should be? I use info from the RS forums so I know my sets are the most up-to-date. It just looks bad to have all these error messages pop up before a game starts.

Finally does anyone know how you can enable blood in games like Metal Slug in console mode without using the Universe bios? You used to be able to do it in Kawa-X by setting it in arcade mode first and then switching to console. But this doesn't work in FBA-X.

Thanks alot for the making FBAGhost the best Neo-Geo emu for the Xbox. :lol:

Edited by + T +

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home. Sorry for the late response. To answer your concerns. I currently have no interest in adding the Decrypted drivers for Bangbead or Nightmare in the Dark simply because the encrypted versions are small enough as they are and my interests lie more in the fighting games/action genre. If bangbead or nitd were larger, I may have considered them. THe ecrypted sets are supported already with fbax though and they are small enough to not suck up so much space on your hd.

The mslug5 thing was indeed an error. THanks for pointing that out.

Removing the loading messages im sure is possible but your the only one to complain about it..........so its not going anywhere. It serves as a good reminder that your running your own set without CRC getting in the way.

Havent really bothered too much with Blood in anything other than Unibios. Im sure someone else can answer that.

Thanks for the compliment but i just added drivers. Lantus/Tmaul did all the work.

I currently have no interest in adding the Decrypted drivers for Bangbead or Nightmare in the Dark simply because the encrypted versions are small enough as they are and my interests lie more in the fighting games/action genre.

It was only NitD that I was really interested in since I find it a rather fun and creepy variation on those kinds of platform games. It's just not necessarily worth nearly 20Mb of precious HD space. But that's cool, it's your baby after all :D

Thanks for the compliment but i just added drivers. Lantus/Tmaul did all the work.

I know, but if you hadn't added support for the decrypted romsets then I'd still be using Kawa-X. So once again I thank you.

Edited by + T +

theres a few missing from kawa-x to fbax but just to note nitd encrypted and bangbead encrypted both work on fbax. also the readme was done on my be half so sorry for the mslug5 name mix up.

heres a few others missing from kawa-x:

zupapa\zupapan

diggerma

neopong

There are also a few homebrew games out there that you may be interested in adding...

neo pong

neo no panepon

and a few others (I'll post the url later.. when i find it)

It would certainly be cool to have FBAGhost become the ultimate Neo Geo emu with drivers for just about every game you could throw at it. And just think, if an alternate version were compiled without the drivers for the 'newer' games, just the decrypted and homebrew sets, then it could be officially released and posted up on #xbins. (I'll bet some of the folks at X-S would get off their high-horses and download it too :P )

BTW N3oGhost, how's the support for those tricky decrypted kof sets coming along? :D

It would certainly be cool to have FBAGhost become the ultimate Neo Geo emu with drivers for just about every game you could throw at it. And just think, if an alternate version were compiled without the drivers for the 'newer' games, just the decrypted and homebrew sets, then it could be officially released and posted up on #xbins. (I'll bet some of the folks at X-S would get off their high-horses and download it too  :D )

BTW N3oGhost, how's the support for those tricky decrypted kof sets coming along? :D

Your blowing my compile way out of proportion. A compile without the "banned" sets is simply the original fbax. I know where your comin from as far as adding the homebrew games and stuff, but lets just keep things a little more grounded. (keep a low profile).

When the mame team implements the VMM code into mameOX, we'll be seeing some great things for us all.

Something very close to your vision of the "Ultimate Emulator".

Enjoy what we have, do the best we can to make it better and wait and see what the future brings.

-NeoGhost

***about kof2knd and kof99nd***

I have spent 0hrs on these sets and trying to get them to run correctly (or even run at all in the case of kof99nd).....theres just been other things goin on that i cant overlook (ninja gaiden, ROTK dvdr, etc) been busy with other things. Havent forgotten about them, heh, i was thinkin about askin LANTUS or TMAUL to help me out with those.....what do you think? :P

Edited by N3oGhost

they would download it as long as it didnt have banned games running on it.  :P

banned games = no xbins

Irez or whatever the hell his name is spellled runs the xbins sever and he and lantus made it clear, keep it to yourself if you're gonna add banned games and such.

Havent forgotten about them, heh, i was thinkin about askin LANTUS or TMAUL to help me out with those.....what do you think? 

You may say that in jest. But I've seen several posts on the official FBA forum giving help with adding support for certain decrypted sets. This doesn't violate any part of the license so in theory they'd have no reason not to help you out.

Someone had posted on their forum sometime back asking about support for the decrypted sets, etc. They were left out intentionally from FBAX...........so this is why i was kidding about asking them for the help.

I found the topic on his forum. The question was asked on 12/20/03 about support for decrypted sets and this was Lantus response:

To answer your question - why we dont support predecrypted sets? One of our challenges is to match functionality 1 to 1 of the Win32 port. We felt that Kawa-X is cheating slightly by allowing the user to use already predecrypted sets so they can be played on your Xbox.

We thought we would "one up Kawa-X" by decrypting the roms ourselves in the code and maintain the ability to load mame neogeo roms. Whats the big deal waiting 20-45 seconds?

And Xbox space issue - most users have big hard drives these days...whats the big deal of leaving decrypted roms on your hard drive? If you use MameoX you will require them anyway....

Edited by N3oGhost