How do i put games in console mode?

you arent any specific either.

for Kawaks its either under the "Tools" menu or somewhere in there (sorry if i dont remember, i dont use Kawaks). for NeoRAGEX, its under the "Machine Settings" Option. for Nebula, press Esc at any point in game and select "Machine Settings", you shoud see the option there.

for Nebula and NRX, you will have to reset the game for the changes to take effect.

i dont use MAME but as far as i heard, it its touchy making console mode work in MAME (you may even have to do your own compile, it was removed in the official builds so you may have to find a version that supports it)

and yes, some games have practice mode, like KOF98 and above, Garou and SVC. not sure if there are other games that has practice mode though (ROTD has one, but it is kinda crappy).

Edited by Xeon

To use console mode in MAME you have to do one of these things:

-rename the console bios in neogeo.zip to the name of an arcade bios (aes-bios.bin to sp-s2.sp1 for exemple)

-do the same with the uni-bios and set it to console mode (uni-bios.12)

-use James' build (however I don't know how to enable uni-bios in his build)

-compile your own build (not as difficult as it seems).

I think the kaillera version also has dipswitches added for switching between arcade and console, but I'm not sure about that.

PS: if the MAME team has removed console mode by default, it's because MAME is meant to be an arcade emulator, and console mode is, well, not arcade :D

Edited by taratata

Thanks for your help. Dah well I guess that having only one emulator has drawbacks, but this is an acceptable one. IT's just too much hassle to switch back and forth in my arcade cabinet. James' version of Mame78b works fine with all the new games. I just need one file for Matrimelee for it to work 266-m1d.bin. But hopefully I'll get it soon.