Weird Problem for Kawa X SE

Whiteice

Hey everyone,

OK here is the deal. I have been trying to get MS5 and SVC + working on the kawa-x Se that is out. Now I have renamed the files within the roms according to the directions to a T. What happens is when I load either MS5 or SVC + it freezes at "Loading 268_v4.rom" It freezes on that exact same file for both games. However Sam Sho 5 loads no problem including its v4.rom file.

I then went into the IRC room on efnet and this one guy tried helping me out. He had it working on his xbox and he sent me everything he has on his (All the roms, neogeo.bios, default.xbe, everything.) And when I replace my old ones with his ones that he sent me, it does the same damn thing, freezes on the exact same file, for both games. It just doesnt make any sense that I tried every single file that he uses to play these 2 games and put it on my xbox and it just freezes.

Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know what im doing wrong or what is wrong? Im really at a loss here.

TIA,

Whiteice

Edited by Whiteice

just to note, i tried helping him but can't figure what the heck was wrong!

i gave him the same default.xbe and neogeo.zip i used for mslug5 and even the same rom i used for svcplus (with the v roms and the m1 changed so it could work on the default.xbe i did) but he still got the same prob

after that, i told him to use the normal kawa-x se that mr x made just to test out the svcplus (renaming the v roms and the m1 rom back to what it was) and it still gave him that prob :P

i also told him to try deleting the tdata for kawa-x but that didn't work either <_<

Edited by Prican25

The only thing I can think of that might have something to do with it is maybe incompatability with the chip bios? I have xecuter 2.2 Lite + with Evox+3921 and bios in settings says unknown. Does anyone know if that could be my problem? Im still learning all this and really dont know to much about the different bios out there and what does what etc so hopefully someone here with more knowledge could help me out if that is the case.

TIA again,

Whiteice

Edited by Whiteice

Prican25,

Well I tried to use FBAX too and when I booted it, the emu would freeze while loading as well. I ended up flashing my chip and it now works fine on FBAX. Well MS5 does, svc it says something about certain rom crc's needed to be changed or something, that I am not sure how to do. If you can, would you mind messaging me on AOL IM or MSN MESSANGER if you have them and whenever you see me online if you can help me with that?

AOL = Wyteicee

MSN MESSANGER = Whiteice51094587

well i thought i would fool around with the fbax default.xbe in hex by changing the crc's of the p1 and s1 roms they had to the ones i use (svc plus in this case) but there seems to be something else that makes it just say you must use the blah blah rom <_<

Edited by Prican25

Hey everyone,

OK here is the deal.  I have been trying to get MS5 and SVC + working on the kawa-x Se that is out.  Now I have renamed the files within the roms according to the directions to a T.  What happens is when I load either MS5 or SVC + it freezes at "Loading 268_v4.rom"  It freezes on that exact same file for both games.  However Sam Sho 5 loads no problem including its v4.rom file. 

I then went into the IRC room on efnet and this one guy tried helping me out.  He had it working on his xbox and he sent me everything he has on his (All the roms, neogeo.bios, default.xbe, everything.)  And when I replace my old ones with his ones that he sent me, it does the same damn thing, freezes on the exact same file, for both games.  It just doesnt make any sense that I tried every single file that he uses to play these 2 games and put it on my xbox and it just freezes. 

Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know what im doing wrong or what is wrong?  Im really at a loss here.

TIA,

Whiteice

I can't help you because Kawa-X SE isn't updapted for mslug5nd : I haven't updated it.

kaitenshin Posted on Jan 10 2004, 06:38 AM

actually i hexed the xbe of fbax so far i got ss5, svc, rotd to work. I'm pretty sure i can get all 8 to work 

well as far as i tried it, it already has a driver for svcplus/bl but some crc don't match (p1 and s1) with mine so i tried changing them to mine (taking the crc from back to front) but i still get the emu telling me that i need blah blah crc <_<

Edited by Prican25