~~-- UPDATES: January 5, 2004 --~~

Just some things to note.

1.You will always have someone somewhere trying to blow smoke up someones butt, to think any forum that has any sort of release discussion in it would be perfect and void of falslyhood is foolish.

2.Never believe anything 100% unless you see it. That was what I thought was funny was everybody flocked to it demanding proof... the best approach IMO would be ignore the person until they actually mention something or show something credible... although that would be unlickly to happen either.

On that note perhaps it would be best to make it so if someone was to post an announcement like that where there is no REAL proof you lock the topic and tell the person that as they want to update the topic they can PM you and it will be done.

This way they are displaying there message and are not being bashed on the thread, yet via PM I suppose they would probably still get murdered :ph34r:)

People should just be more patient, most argue about the game longer than they will even play it.

On that note perhaps it would be best to make it so if someone was to post an announcement like that where there is no REAL proof you lock the topic and tell the person that as they want to update the topic they can PM you and it will be done.

We did that after it started getting out of hand and we gave him basically the rest of the day or 3-4 hours or more. He just didn't post it, so we knew that he was lying and then banned him.

what annoyed me the most was when some people (rag, etc) started to defend sharim1111..i mean lol that's pretty sad you know..whats funny was that the best "proof" he had was a screenshot of his desktop.

beta testing kof2k3 lol that was a good laugh.

Edited by mint

what annoyed me the most was when some people (rag, etc) started to defend sharim1111..i mean lol that's pretty sad you know..whats funny was that the best "proof" he had was a screenshot of his desktop.

beta testing kof2k3 lol that was a good laugh.

Stop picking on Rag please, your asking for a flame war which then your asking for another Warn. Don't think were stupid. :ph34r:

The screenshot was indeed questionable and James was the one who went over it in how it could be a fake in quite detail and how it could not at the time.

We were not ever defending him. We just wanted him to spit it out because whenever one of you guys insulted him or said it was fake, the next he posted was.."that's it, I'm leaving". Then we'd have to go on AIM and tell him, "Now wait a minute, just ignore them and post it." We just wanted, like I said before, "To Prove us Wrong!" So we kind of opened the pathway, it looks like he just got scared and started running away.

Yea whatever, back off. I felt just a bit sorry for the guy, even though he was a big liar, he had noone on his side. I wasn't defending him I was just trying to keep it a bit more peaceful, you were kinda aggressive in your accusations. I hope theres no hard feelings with you, but if there is then deal with it or contact me somewhere else, I don't want to argue with you on the forums.

Throughout the whole ordeal I didn't make a post concerning Sharim the Unintelligable or his amazing time machine which allows him to dump roms from mid-2005. I didn't think I'd have to. Well, that, and I'd hate having to reply to someone with such broken English as sharim's should he reply to a post I made. Then I see people getting their hopes up that he's being honest and can actually deliver, and that's just sad (note, I'm not naming any names here, mainly because I can't remember any details of the posts from the thread in question).

I think there's an easy way we can avoid this in the future though...

1- Mention of one "BillyJr." I don't think I've ever heard one good thing about this individual, so if someone should appear extoling the aforementioned individual, perhaps its best to ignore him. Raise a red flag on positive mention of BillyJr.

2- Horrible English. Now I'm aware that english is a second (or even third) language for many people, but punctuation is a thing which is used in every language (to the best of my knowledge, anyhow). Sharim's posts were full of unintelligable english which were completely void of punctuation. Just like a troll about the age of a junior high-schooler. I don't know what his IP or hostname were, so I can't tell if he was posting from America or wherever he may have claimed to originate from but if I had to guess it, I'd say he was a 13 year old American who had yet to pay attention in any of his classes. Raise a red flag on lack of punctuation. (note, don't mistake this for anti-americanism. I'm an American, but I all too frequently point out the sorry state of public education here. My 8-year old brother reads better than most 7th graders.)

3- Can Not Deliver. N3oGhost got onto his FTP and verified he was full of it when he claimed to have mslug5 working in 2 emulators other than MAME. Quickly raise a red flag at the sight of straightforward lying.

Only you can prevent troll proliferation.

Only slightly OT: did we come under a DoS attack today? I noticed that the forum was ungodly slow, and at one time I couldn't even connect to 1emulation.com. Paranoia kicked in and I assumed that 1337 kiddo, Sharim the UnTrue, to have launched a DDoS in retaliation.

There is no need for red flag, Metal Slug 5 IS playable on other emulator. Infact i played mine on Neoragex. But not all Neorage can play Metal Slug 5, i have tried and found that only HappyASR version can play it, but not the New one. The older version. Anyway you can get it from neogames they have even the Kawaks version.