0.96.5 : a super tiny update !

Tux

1) Yeah I didn't test it, it would be easier to just remove the option... ! Don't worry, I'll test it...

2) did you at least read what I wrote about editing the colors or reverting to the default themes for that ? Either edit your bg color or revert, or even better revert 1st, and if it's still not enough for you then edit the bg color manually.

3) Nope obviously, didn't do it (boring and uninteresting, but yeah should be done one day).

Just now, pmc2 said:

I say Mercurious should be a beta tester ^^

Yeah that's what he is already, and he loves that, too bad he can't code to help to fix these things... !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tux said:

1) Yeah I didn't test it, it would be easier to just remove the option... ! Don't worry, I'll test it...

Hello Tux! Thanks for that! I would be very happy if you could keep this GUI function. It's useful when using Raine from a distance and navigating the menus with a game controller.

21 hours ago, Tux said:

2) did you at least read what I wrote about editing the colors or reverting to the default themes for that ? Either edit your bg color or revert, or even better revert 1st, and if it's still not enough for you then edit the bg color manually.

I always set up a fresh install of Raine with a new configuration file when a new version is released. I thought this would be enough to load the new configuration for the GUI look, no? Maybe I am wrong for this very case.

Let me know if I still need to do this procedure with the colors configuration even with a fresh install of the program.

21 hours ago, Tux said:

3) Nope obviously, didn't do it (boring and uninteresting, but yeah should be done one day).

Thanks! It was just a detail I saw when running this very rom samsho2pe. I don't think I have seen it when running other roms though. 🤔

21 hours ago, Tux said:

Yeah that's what he is already, and he loves that, too bad he can't code to help to fix these things... !

Yes, it's a pity indeed. Maybe one day if I study computer science or programming?

For now the best I could do was reviewing the GUI texts and reporting issues I may stumble upon when using Raine.

Anyway, thanks pmc2 for the comment and thank you Tux for continuing working in the program. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

And finally fixed the text truncation, for info the string was cut at 99 characters long because we still need finite buffers to store strings, it seemed to me that 99 characters was way enough for name (size), but some crazy games like samshope seem to need more... I think this name should be shortened, but I enlarged the buffer to 200 characters to avoid this kind of problem in the future anyway.

• Like 1