Capcom vs. Snk 1 or 2?

Gryph

This is depressing. I read about the NAOMI specs earlier today and was amazed. I didn't know it was that powerful. And just think, a lot more great games will come out for that and it'll be forever till we can play it :lol:

I wonder how much longer Playmore is going to use the NeoGeo system...I hope forever.

There can't be roms forever!!! :lol: Remember, there's somethnig called an arcade machine. You pay to play. You can always play games, it'll just cost you some coins.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a time when the protections are so massive that they're impossible to crack... Yeah, I may be a pessimist, but...

Edited by Agozer

Well I'm sorry. Calm down there... There isn't a decent arcade 200 hundred miles from where I live. All the arcades where I life have Crusin' USA and Area 51. But when I do get a chance to go to a badass arcade (this one in Houston called FunPlex), I spend quite a lot. Last time I went I spent $82 at that arcade, so I'm no ultra-freeloader, just a semi-freeloader. It's just that ROMs are the only way I can play these games. I actually pay for my PC games(so sad and naive I am) and I'm not buying a console just to play 2 games...I need that cash for med school :D

I apologize for sounding like a desperate freeloading bastard.

And I'm a pessimist with no experience, so I complain about everything :unsure:

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I haven't stumbled across any arcade where I live for a long time...

There was one exception of a Metal Slug cabinet in a small store once and then I've played Samurai Shodown in Mallorca once....

So, emulation is really the only way for me to enjoy these games....Sad, isn't it?

Edited by Agozer

Im always finding an arcade with good games, but the bad thing is that i pretty much always play the games i already own(damn) and spend like 2.50 for 2 hours. There's a place called diersins where it's like 10cents a token and games are like 1-2 tokens a piece, but i almost own all of the on my pc or dreamcast..... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just missing the point of emulation (and I did kind of get a kick out of playing SVC Chaos/ Astro Boy before they had even been released (well here anyway)...but a big thrill of emulation for me is playing all the old games I was addicted to when I was a kid, or all the games I missed out on but desperately wanted to play (hence why I really like Sega CD emulation even though the SegaCD itself was nothing special - when i was younger I REALLY wanted one).

I just think that it isn't THAT much of a shame that we can't play the newer games on our emus yet...don't get me wrong, I have all the betas for the ps2, xbox, dreamcast, and gamecube emulators, but that was mainly to see the bios booting screen (I can't even get THAT to work)

I wonder if it would be theoretically possible to have, say, an Xbox emulator for the PS2 or vice versa. I seriously doubt it, although now that I have seen mame emus for PS2 etc... I am not sure any more. Although from what i understand the PS2 wouldn't be nearly powerful enough to emulate the XBox's functions - or vice versa for that matter.