Sound association problem in kof94 & 95

ffman1985

Hello Tux, just found some new problem in sound association:

Real Bout Fatal Fury:
The music change to another music during battle. In my test, it is Terry vs Terry in the 1st stage.
The sound code for Terry music is 2fh
(But I think all battle have this problem.)

Samurai Shodown:
The Character Select music is associated normally at first. However, when later the 2P press start, and after "Here come a new challenge", the music played is the original one.
The sound code for Character Select is 2dh

Thank you for your kind attention.

1 hour ago, ffman1985 said:

Hello Tux, just found some new problem in sound association:

Real Bout Fatal Fury:
The music change to another music during battle. In my test, it is Terry vs Terry in the 1st stage.
The sound code for Terry music is 2fh
(But I think all battle have this problem.)

Samurai Shodown:
The Character Select music is associated normally at first. However, when later the 2P press start, and after "Here come a new challenge", the music played is the original one.
The sound code for Character Select is 2dh

Thank you for your kind attention.

Ok it becomes problematic, rbff1 seems to be a "type 2 extended", it recognizes more sounds and so they added a new prefix for it, 1d, which is not recognized by the others. Well lately I added 1c, which is not recognized by at least 3countb, so I hope it won't break anything, it shouldn't normally.

For samsho, it's a weirdness on which values the sound prefix commands can take, there was a comment to say only commands >= 0x20 can be taken here, well clearly here its >= 0x11. So well I put >= 0x11 for all the type 2, and hope for the best... !!! Too bad the comment didn't say for which games I observed >= 0x20... !

I'll make a new version for at least the bug of yesterday related to the command line in windows...