kawa-x plus/se help!

iori

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real sorry for this newbie question. I'd like to play Samurai Shodown 5 with Kawa-x SE. Question is.. what exactly do I need and need to do? Do I need all of the removed roms? Currently, I have some of them (need kof2knd.zip, sf1945pn.zip, kof99nd.zip).

I just wanna try out Samurai Shodown 5, do I need all of the roms still? The other question is, what do I do with the rom file listing supplied with the Kawa-X SE rar file?

Thanks in advance

ok first and foremost kawa-x se is not meant to replace your original kawa-x v11,

its meant to be used as another emu that plays the newer games but in order for it to play newer games it will replace games already supported eg:rbff2 on kawa -x se is now mslug4

now all you need to do is read the rom listing that came with the default.rar (or read it from the site) and do the renaming thats needed.

also if you just got the samsho5.zip you won't need to do any renaming for it cuz its set for it as is :D

um i need help ive downloaded many mslug4's and rage of he dragons but i keep getting an error with the P1 files and i am using kawax se can anyone plz help me?

About mslug4n, V roms names to use : 263-v1d.bin, 263-v2d.bin, 263-v3d.bin & 263-v4d.bin.

About rotdn, V roms to use : 264-v1d.bin, 264-v2d.bin, 264-v3d.bin & 264-v4d.bin. But there isn't charas gauge life with the romset I've specified because S1 rom is removed : it's the only bug about added games.

SVC Bootleg, SVC Plus, Matrimelee, KoF 2002 fully decrypted, Metal Slug 4 decrypted C & V, CTHD 2003 Neorage X version & Samurai Shodown V work perfectly.

Edited by Mr.X

ok but wat about the p1 for rotd and the p1 and p2 for mslug4n wen i try to load the game it says there was an error loading those files

Your loading error is due to V roms names.

rotdn.zip (Rage of the Dragons predecrypted : decrypted C & V roms) :

264-p1.bin -> 8 Mb (The best is P1 rom (crc : 841071FD), because it supports Console + Arcade mode)

264-m1d.bin -> 64 Kb

264-v1d.bin -> 4 Mb

264-v2d.bin -> 4 Mb

264-v3d.bin -> 4 Mb

264-v4d.bin -> 4 Mb

rotdn_c1.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c2.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c3.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c4.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c5.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c6.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c7.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_c8.rom -> 8 Mb

rotdn_s1.rom is missing, that's why there aren't charas life gauges.

mslug4n.zip (Metal Slug 4 predecrypted : decrypted C & V roms) :

263-p1.bin -> 1 Mb

263-p2.bin -> 4 Mb

263-s1.bin -> 128 Kb

263-m1d.bin -> 64 Kb

263-v1d.bin -> 4 Mb

263-v2d.bin -> 4 Mb

263-v3d.bin -> 4 Mb

263-v4d.bin -> 4 Mb

ms4n_c1.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c2.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c3.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c4.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c5.rom -> 4 Mb

ms4n_c6.rom -> 4 Mb

Edited by Mr.X

ok i think i know wat u talkin about cuz now im getting errors with my v files but i thikn its cause they are roms not bins and i cant find them in bin format can u plz help me and im also getting erros with the me slug 4 S1 file look i hav the original rotd and mslug4 encrypted but i need a way to decrypt them

Edited by pauldoggydog

ok i think i know wat u talkin about cuz now im getting errors with my v files but i thikn its cause they are roms not bins and i cant find them in bin format can u plz help me

You have just to rename, for exemple, 263-cX.bin in ms4n_cX.rom. Check you use decrypted C roms to avoid bugged screen.

and im also getting errors with the mslug 4 S1 file look i hav the original rotd and mslug4 encrypted but i need a way to decrypt them.and wat ur trying to say is rename my rom files to 263_cX.bin.X being the number

To decrypt C roms, you can use Winkawaks on PC : before launching the encrypted parent romset of the game, in "Tools", click on "Enable save decrypted Cs after loading". Decrypted C + S1 roms will be generated next to Winkawaks.exe.

Also, you can use a tool called "Convert2" (Neo Encrypter).

To decrypt ROTD V roms, cut encrypted 264-v1.bin of 8 Mb in 2 parts to make decrypted V1 & V2 roms & cut encrypted 264-v2 of 8 Mb in 2 parts to make decrypted V3 & V4 roms. It's the same thing for Mslug4.