(NES) Dino hockey (unreleased)

fumanchu

here is a download for dino hockey an unreleased game for nes which was released today.
thanks go to MrMark0673 for this release.

Matt and I haven't released an unreleased NES ROM to the community in a while, so we wanted to get that going again. Up on the block today: Dino-Hockey!

Dino-Hockey was to be a 1 or 2 player hockey game where you play as Dinosaurs and it was being developed by Sunsoft.

This one is special for a few reasons:

- There is VERY little paper the makes any mention of Dino-Hockey. It was mentioned in the September 1991 issue of Gamepro in their review of Summer CES 1991, so I have to assume it was shown/mentioned there. I have never seen any screen shots in any publication.
- The build is EXTREMELY early and super buggy, crashing when you skate too far. Even then, this proof of concept is pretty awesome. How bad ass would it have been to be playing a hockey game as Dinosaurs that use a scared turtle for a puck?

Often, when a game is mentioned so briefly in publication, it is thought to have just been a concept and that production never began for one reason or another. To find one of these isn't very common, and yet another piece of history is preserved.

Check out the ROM and enjoy!

download link below.
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/71693178/file.html
  • Like 1