Actual Sega CD game (disc) and Neogenesis question

Emu Newbie

I know that it is possible to launch a Sega CD game with neogenesis (put the game in and go to launch the CD), but everytime I try this I get the Sega CD startup screen then I hit start and it only pulls up the CD-Music player (I don't have the option to configure the RAM or anything - only PROG and CD+G).

Thanks for the help!

its been so long since i used this as the games took up a whole lotta space i dont have i think i only had soniccd usa rom with jap music

but i mind you had to format the ram then after that the game would always load im sure you held down A at the segacd boot screen cant mind for sure

the above screen shot where the sega logo is should have an option for memory click that and on next page choose format ram and save and exit

the game should now load after sega startup screen

i could never suss out the usa/euro version cd launcher i always used the jap one :-)

Edited by gamez fan

I tried holding the "A" button when I see the sega CD screen but it just goes right into the CD-Music player screen. Any other suggestions. I have no problem playing the SEGA CD ROMS I have preloaded on the XBOX, I just wanted to try and actually run one from a CD (thought it would be cool).