Is the web becoming more of a negative experience for you?

emsley

Not to sound like a kill joy but recently every other time I log on it is apparent the web is becoming more and more negative with what people post and share etc.

It's either all about protesting this and protesting that, or the world wide recessions is just negatising people world wide.

It's getting to the point for me where I would say go post a facebook status and stop dead in my tracks and think: 1. Will anyone reply normally or just your average "Im so funny" response. 2. Will a negative twat jump on it and grind it. 3. Is it really worth the hassle.

I follow a few forums, this one a football forum, do my fair share of faceshite and a few select sites that I use for news humour.

i read once that if you distance your self from negative influence such as the news and places like social media sites and learn to live without them, that your mind is going to be a lot more at ease than say a guy who spends hours a day looking over every detail. With time you naturally find other things to entertain you.

Hell no. Sure, there are boring days when I can't be bothered with most of my regular sites, but in the end there's always something intriguing on the Internet, and that's hardly a negative experience.

I don't use Facebook, so....um, the Internet is less shit when I don't have to deal with stuff like Facebook.

Hey if you look for the negative you will always find it. I like the internet, it helps me stay update with my friends and family as well as all the Bands that I like to keep track of.

Not to sound like a kill joy but recently every other time I log on it is apparent the web is becoming more and more negative with what people post and share etc.

It's either all about protesting this and protesting that, or the world wide recessions is just negatising people world wide.

It's getting to the point for me where I would say go post a facebook status and stop dead in my tracks and think: 1. Will anyone reply normally or just your average "Im so funny" response. 2. Will a negative twat jump on it and grind it. 3. Is it really worth the hassle.

I follow a few forums, this one a football forum, do my fair share of faceshite and a few select sites that I use for news humour.

i read once that if you distance your self from negative influence such as the news and places like social media sites and learn to live without them, that your mind is going to be a lot more at ease than say a guy who spends hours a day looking over every detail. With time you naturally find other things to entertain you.

Sounds more like the world is becoming a negative place then huh...

If its everything thats posted online well that stuff has to come from somewhere right? People tend to overreact on the internet anyway.

Sounds more like the world is becoming a negative place then huh...

If its everything thats posted online well that stuff has to come from somewhere right? People tend to overreact on the internet anyway.

You got it Rag - thats what I'm getting at.