Vote for LoRd SnOw to have back end access.

Should he be allowed?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

untietheclans.jpg

Haha what a joke. Waal spent all his time here abusing other members and rubbishing 1emu, then when I silenced him, he started abusing me via PM, so I stopped that. Then, from the reports I received, he setup his own forum and continued the rant.

So, whatever he says, just trash it, put him on Block if necessary. Let me know if he PM's anyone else.

His reason for wanting the XBOX forum shut down is so he can steal our xbox-owning members. While we have the forum we are a thorn in his side.

Continue on please.

@Robert - If you're talking about the Xtras site - Waal is not an owner, nor an Admin and the site has actually been active since late 2008, and the forum since March 2010, way before the drama started over here, or at least well before it got out of hand. We as a site, and I think even Waal would agree, have always been of the mind set that the Xbox community is just that, a community. We don't see any competition; in such a niche group we most likely share 90% of our users with any Xbox1 site, or site with a heavy Xbox1 presence. As far as I'm concerned, the more Xbox sites the better. If there are 100 sites with an Xbox section it tells me there is still a healthy interest, and that's a good thing when it comes to emulation on the Xbox, and Xbox homebrew in general. It's silly to imply "stealing" of members as I think if a site has something worth coming back to, people will come.

Back on topic - I am against the shutting down of the Xbox section. I think it may be a small group, but a big enough one to have a dedicated home. There are still new releases fairly often, and people often run into problems setting up emulators, new hard drives, etc.

I think that, for Xbox anyway, the problems there were due to a lack of consistent moderator presence. A moderator should be chosen who frequents that forum, rather than deleting the forum all together. That would most likely shape the place up. Prican25 seems to be the designated moderator, yet he hasn't logged in since September 2010.

Unless you were simply talking about sizing down the forum options, in which case I would maybe think about dividing the forums into gaming generations. Then on the main forum list it would be all the gaming generations, with the related system specific sub-forums inside. Though, I don't think the current set up is so bad.

^ This - this is the problem.

Although we (all) appreciate the input, why did this suddenly turn in to a whining thread about how each other is treated?

This will solve NOTHING other than turn this thread in to a suck fest.

THE OVERALL AIM IS TO UPDATE THE FORUM!!

NO ONE IS GOING TO BE THOUGHT OF AS "BAD OR A TROLL" so please do not full this thread with posts about who did this, who did that, THINGS WILL GET BETTER.

Still no word from Gamecop agozer?

@Robert - If you're talking about the Xtras site - Waal is not an owner, nor an Admin and the site has actually been active since late 2008, and the forum since March 2010, way before the drama started over here, or at least well before it got out of hand.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Who is the owner?

It's silly to imply "stealing" of members as I think if a site has something worth coming back to, people will come.

It seemed to be what he was doing. But you are most likely right.

I think that, for Xbox anyway, the problems there were due to a lack of consistent moderator presence. A moderator should be chosen who frequents that forum, rather than deleting the forum all together. That would most likely shape the place up. Prican25 seems to be the designated moderator, yet he hasn't logged in since September 2010.

True. Honestly I'd rather not have to moderate that section; after all, the rest of 1emulation runs fine without intervention. It only requires that the members who post there could do so in a civil manner and follow the rules like everyone else.

Unless you were simply talking about sizing down the forum options, in which case I would maybe think about dividing the forums into gaming generations. Then on the main forum list it would be all the gaming generations, with the related system specific sub-forums inside. Though, I don't think the current set up is so bad.

I'd probably just have a section for Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Arcade, Other; and just merge all the subforums into these new ones. There isn't enough traffic to justify dozens of sections any more. Still, it isn't my decision, and I'm not expecting any change.

i think GC should let go of this site to someone who can take care of it most of the times. He might be too busy but it is a shame to see this site going down the drain. after all, i can say I am the only one who has at least met 3 members (Robert, Fatal Rose and BK) face-to-face :ph34r:

When the forum is fixed if it helps you guys out, i hope for a "flame" only topic.

Im not the referee here, just the guy hoping to get the changes.

And get them we shall! :ph34r:

As long as there is a separate Xbox section there will be the kind of storm-in-a-teacup arguing and ego-stroking that have always gone on there. Certain members seem to feel they have free reign to say and do whatever they want without being accountable to the rest of the forum or its rules. I think merging things would address this in a big way.

Robert, your moderation of the Xbox section may be well-intentioned enough but it's too little too late. The most disruptive and antagonistic elements on that forum seem to have effectively moderated themselves, but that being said, I sincerely hope that, should things flare up again, you're prepared to apply the same rules and the same consequences to all members. I also wish it didn't have to be this way and that's why I'm in favour of change.

Edited by + T +

I'm a fairly old member despite I'm not as popular as the other cool guys but I want this site to ignite with the flames of youth once more!

I want to share some writing projects on the blog but the FRIGGIN BLOG DOESNT WORK ANYMORE. I just want at least that fixed.

That sounds like a fairly simple solution that is doable. Just make sure that every member is responsible for backing up the entries before doing it.

In other words, I'm cool with the idea.