Uploading without FTP?

hardt

yes you can do that as long as you have a dashboard like xbox media centre,unleashx or avalaunch which come with a file explorer.

if you have a samsung dvd drive then that will let you copy files burnt to cdr,some drives can be picky about media so try different brands of dvds if your dvd drive wont read it.

You could also transfer stuff to your XBox with a USB stick provided the USB stick is 4GB or smaller (due to Xbox bios limitations). You would need a version of XBMC or UnleashX on your Xbox that has been released within the last 4 or so years so it can read the USB stick and you would need an XBox USB adapter (found on ebay for around $5 including shipping) so you could plug in your USB sick.

You could also transfer stuff to your XBox with a USB stick provided the USB stick is 4GB or smaller (due to Xbox bios limitations). You would need a version of XBMC or UnleashX on your Xbox that has been released within the last 4 or so years so it can read the USB stick and you would need an XBox USB adapter (found on ebay for around $5 including shipping) so you could plug in your USB sick.

I can confirm that sandisk cruzer 4gig usb flashdrives work with xbmc, if you format with ms dash to fatx you will have read/write or fat32 read only .Iif you have a spare break away cable you can just solder a female usb port to it or you can mod a controller port like i do in this guide i wrote -

USB conversion

Edited by hangover