FINALLY

Krosigrim

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take advantage of the game borrowing for sure though, that's a nice perk :)

I'm not sure if they where actually allowed to do this but they would borrow games whenever they wanted to and bring them back to the store when they where done. They would even go as far as opening new games playing them and then resealing them and selling them as new still. As long as the game was back by the time someone wanted to buy it no one cared. So if there where 100 copies lying around it wasn't a big deal at all.

Congrats on the job, dude!

there are two gamestops within half a mile of each other here and the differences between store cleanliness, staff knowledge and friendliness is night and day. It's like one is staffed only by people who play Halo and Call of Duty and the other is staffed by people who like videogames.

am I the only person who really hates going into gamestop? not because of all the internet cool kid reasons either. I just feel really uncomfortable and out of place in there. I feel the same about guitar stores.

My two main hobbies and I can't stand going into businesses related to them....

Congrats on the job, dude!

there are two gamestops within half a mile of each other here and the differences between store cleanliness, staff knowledge and friendliness is night and day. It's like one is staffed only by people who play Halo and Call of Duty and the other is staffed by people who like videogames.

Thanks man! Yea, My store is definitely the latter. Ill fit right in, everyone is real cool and we generally all like all types of games. The boss likes Halo, Im not a fan. It is set up like this, no over specialization.

am I the only person who really hates going into gamestop? not because of all the internet cool kid reasons either. I just feel really uncomfortable and out of place in there. I feel the same about guitar stores.

I on the other hand love GameStop. I like window shopping and GameStop has plenty of stuff. What makes the experience great is when the employees are laid back and chill. No bullshit sales pitches, just ppl talking about whatever.

I am the only one I know who can spend HOURS at a time at GameStop. For instance I'll look at all the used titles... go back and look at them ALL again to see if I missed something. I never feel out of place, if I am at a bad store like Gryph describes, I feel as if THEY are out of place. Even if I am not going to buy anything, I like looking at stuff. Of course I was the kid who read my Game Magazines over and over.

Sidenote: I dont know if this has anything to do with it... I was grounded from games for a good while, like over a year. I still had my love for games and would read contently about stuff in EGM (before '92). (Gamefan was the first awesome game magazine I can remember, wide pages, awesome content. First print was September of '92). My mom at first thought I was torturing myself, but learned I was content to read about games... I was truly content. Perhaps this "window" shopping element remains. I really really like games. I also really like just looking at anything game related. I fell like the preverbal "kid in a candy store" and I will bring this child like wonder with me to work, as I always do when I step in the store.

I hate buying my games anywhere else. Buying my games at Walmart is a joke... they always have the maximum prices and well... its WalMart. GameStop is not like most anything else. I feel right at home.

Yeah I really don't like going in gamestop. I buy most of my games from Best Buy but only Gamestop has those used rare games Best BUy doesn't stock anymore.

Yes, the used section often surprises me. If Chrono Trigger on the DS or that Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii come into the store again, Ill be in a position to nab it quick.

No window shopping for you guys either? Am I the only one who gets excited about STUFF?! I will take this into account... I will try my best not to help anyone feel even more uneasy in my store.

I can honestly say I dont quite get it though, I am so eager to go into GameStop. I often go in just to look... no particular reason, other than just to scope stuff out. I generally go once a week. I look at accessories, used games for DS, 360. Then everything else. Toys & wallets/keychains always get my notice, but I never buy them. I like stuff!

generally I like to window shop. but there is something about gamestop (and EB, babbages, ect when they were around) that makes me extremely uncomfortable. Like I said it's the same thing with guitar stores. I've needed a pack of strings for months but refuse to go down the street to the music store.

alternately my wife HATES window shopping. she figures if she can't buy it why torture herself with looking at it.

I think a big part of it is that gamestop is like geek mecca. I don't consider my self a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. I don't buy into the rest of gamer culture. anime and manga and OVAs and all that shit. I don't like what everyone else in there likes. I don't look like them. I feel like an old black dude at a punk rock concert. hahah, or a white guy at a soul food resturant in the ghetto. just out of place.