FINALLY

Krosigrim

GameStop called me up and set up an interview! Holliday time. I know its pays next to nothing but its GameStop. I have been waiting forever for this store to be hiring. I literally handed in another application 3 days ago, what timing.

I buy my games here, practically exclusively. I have a ton of games and I think I have spent more money than any other customer since I got my 360, in the same timeframe. The guys/gal there know me well. It real close too, 5 min drive.

I will be the first of my friends that have actually landed an official job at a gamestore. We all joked that they didnt hire us because they didnt want real gamers working for them.

Anyone who grasps who I am or what I am about knows that the job is a great fit... other than the fact that Im over qualified and will get paid nothing, but gain, its gamestop!

Who knows, perhaps I will do so well they will keep me after the Holliday season, or transfer me to a store that need another clerk.

Technically its just an interview, but ca'mon. It would be foolish not to hire me.

Yea last time I had an opportunity, EA was hiring QA testers... but I missed the window. I thought that was a given, so... wish me luck then.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck on becoming part of the evil empire. :o

so the China thing is out the window?

Good luck bro, make sure to put a smile on when you start asking for pre-orders (it feels like every place with any aspect of "sales" always wants something being sold beyond the extent of reason).

I always fancied CEX in town you get to play with all the gadgets, graphics cards, trade in's until recently I had to go sell my games just this summer gone, I cued for 30 minutes it was a nightmare, loads of people just sweating in line, I got 76 quid for about 8 top games, THEN i had to wait for people to BUY things so i could get my cash, this poor young lad had about 3 games to trade in for cash you could tell he was on his ass, he had no photo ID and they told him they coudlnt do it without it, he had his birth certifictae and the staff were really up tooth about it, anyway this guy lost his temper and called them all idiots, when the guy who served me got up on his high horse and said "your barred your not getting served get out"

i knew then i couldnt handle working in that store, thinking back i should of seen the guy and said "ill do it for you" but he flipped and left.

It was like a poor house.

good luck on becoming part of the evil empire. :o

so the China thing is out the window?

Thanks! Yea the China thing is out. I wasnt treated with respect, in my opinion.

Good luck bro, make sure to put a smile on when you start asking for pre-orders (it feels like every place with any aspect of "sales" always wants something being sold beyond the extent of reason).

Thanks! Indeed, I hate jamming stuff down peoples throats but I will do what I have to and it wont seem like its a sales pitch. It will come with a constant pleasant attitude.

i knew then i couldnt handle working in that store

I can handle practically any situation, and every type of person. Ill not get into it now, but it takes a whole hell of alot to get to me.

Well here we go, off to the "interview"

Done and dun.

Turns out they were going to hire me even before the interview, it was just a formality. I figured as much. It's still not official, but yea, I got the job. I utterly destroyed the interview, it could have not gone better.

There will soon be advancement availability, I intend to fill that next step too. I dont expect to be let go after the holiday season, but I will prepare for it.

Mission accomplished!

Man you just made the biggest mistake. Working there SUCKS.

Don't fuck up, at all, you are replaceable and they know it. They get about 40 applications a day at the average location. (Online+In person) They will fire you for practically nothing. Working there is also not fun at all. You aren't allowed to do shit and you have to deal with even stupider people than you deal with in food service. One of my favorite examples:

Mom: Hey I'm looking for this game for my son with this guy with a gun in it.

Clerk: uhhhh....do you mean Halo? (Halo 1 was newish at the time)

Mom: No, the guy was green.

Clerk: Yeah he is green. This is one of the more popular shooting games, its probably Halo.

Mom: No I think he already has this, are there any other games like this?

Clerk: (Shows mom entire fucking wall of FPS games) How about this one? (literally shows her almost every game on the shelf going through them one by one, this goes on for awhile)

Mom: I know! I'll get this one! (Picks up soccer game)