Star Ocean TLH

Krosigrim

Indeed! I stopped playing for a year. I was watching some stuff on the subject of space. History of the telescope, Astral Physics, Particle Physics: Higgs Boson, Dark Matter, Supermassive Blackholes etc. Anyway all this stuff sparked a renewed interest in the game so I fired it up.

The mechanic of the actual game is great. The story, not so great. The dialog, even worse. But what makes the game what it is, is so fun I am so certainly glad I started playing again!

If you have it, I suggest getting back on it. The item creation that makes Star Ocean = Star Ocean is pretty cool. Im having a blast, and I just spent the last day experimenting.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I... I cant believe how powerful I am. And I'm far from done.

I found something out that is quite ridiculous. The extra hit on attack stacks damage. I have a setup, with 3 so I hit 4 per swing, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000. Just like that per regular swing. Add to that, and ability to crit...

Agozer, Wish you'd beat it already so we can talk shop. Next week is too far away.

What other quests have you done from the Sanctuary on EN II?

Agozer, Wish you'd beat it already so we can talk shop. Next week is too far away.

What other quests have you done from the Sanctuary on EN II?

All the quests from the crystals, except the Cryptograph one. As far as the shop orders go, I've completed a few, but many are still in progress. As far as me finishing the game... well, might take a while. Jut don't have any will power to crawl my way through Nox and that Palace. Yeah I know, I'm wishy washy, but I'll get back to you once I'm done, and I'm not going to keep the game in the backburner forever, being a good game and all.

"No, I don't think I have Laser Suits either. Haven't checked though."

Well the Laser Armor recipe is obtainable through creating recipies. It only takes 4 Laser Oscillator, 2 Gnomestones & 1 Aurora Rings + (card)

The Laser Weapon was a reward for one of the gem quests in the sanctuary on EN II. Just remember not to modify the Laser Weapon... yet. Not until you know why.

You said before, something about the Palace of Creation being a bitch. Yer team is all around 91 and you did state that a battle is usually over before anyone hits Rush. You must mean its long and tedious.

There is a neat little thing I just did that I didnt realize. I made my very first weapon into a fol increase monster... and had 14 slots left. I put 14 Grim Reapers which are purchasable in a shop in EN II... made the weapon stronger than any weapon I had before I beat the game. I can just imagine what it would be like if you put some attk up and HP damage up on it.

OH OH OH!!! About a hidden mining spot I just found.

In the Sanctuary on EN II, there are 3 hidden spots. 2 are mining, which makes 4 mining and 2 harvesting locations. In the nook opposite the exit portal, there are 2 on the same wallface between the unhidden mining and harvest points. There is also a hidden harvesting point right at the edge of the fallen debris just as you exit that nook on the left. Its kinda tricky so you might find it easier if you walk as opposed to run, right at the debris itself.

Edited

Dude... Ill likely be at the battle trophy grinding for 200+ hours alone, says the faq. Yes I am reading a faq. To hell with trying to find this shit out on my own, he has all the like trophies categorized in groups after the initial numerical list, and has suggestions and good Ideas, like combining routines for multiple trophy gathering. Each section is further broken down into average time required and the like. It seems pretty fair to say it will indeed take 200 to 250 hours... knowing exactly what the trophies are. 200 solo colosseum battles for each person for instance, if I remember correctly. Tons of little tedious things. Knowing EXACTLY what to do will take over 8 days worth of hours.

OK Agozer. The next week is here... get on it!!!

I am somewhere around 215 hours. I have at least 50% of the Battle Trophies, including Faize's 13%. All characters are over lvl 200. I am still knocking out the easy tasks and saving the worst for last. The faq I have is a tremendous help. Im getting multiple trophies at a time quite often. The idea is obviously to consolidate the process to save time.

Crafting particular weapons is a considerable help with killing each characters respective enemy type 999 times and the subsequent 255 item drops. Perhaps you didnt care to know about these trophies, but Im betting you dont mind. Anyway, I find the best way to get alot of said enemies in short order, find theyre elemental weakness and craft a weapon that does stupid damage to it. So far 3 of the peoples mobs are in a post game dungeon and with 14 xp tiles, I get about 250,000 XP in under minute, with 2 groups, 1 surprise 1 ambush. It'd go faster if I could find a 3rd mob. Its possible, as you will see, but takes lots of effort.

I've been at this for days, soooo tedious.