Star Ocean TLH

Krosigrim

Im making this thread just because I dont want to discuss the game in the "What did you play most recently" thread with Agozer.

So, Agozer... Or anyone else

I picked the game back up after a year. I was on the Cardianon mother ship when I left it so I was pretty early on. Now Im on Nox Obscurus: Ravine of Extinction and everyone is past lvl 60. Edge is +75. A few days ago I got all green tiles and grinded on Lemuris for quests and items. I already had +2500 party SP but began to dump alot while I got more. When I hit Nox Obscurus Lymle and Sarah were lowest leveled so I ran with them. I realized how much I didnt play with them recently and practically had no skills powered up. I dumped about 3000 SP right there on the spot, I maxed everything!

They were running great but we had a storm and the power flickered about an hour in and so I gotta do all that again...

Anyway, thats where I am. I made a Slayer's Bangle... holy shit if you dont have one... make one NOW!!! It randomly adds another hit per EVERY hit, including special moves! I have that now, and that Platinum sword with Increased Criticals X1 and HP dammage +%20 X3 and I put 4 more crystal in it so basically rips through anything. I am set to Burst and so I Rush mode constantly. That boss at the core of EN II kept calling back its drones so I kept the Rush going for over 2 min... It stayed at 100 basically. I had like a 350 hit combo before I got jipped out of it.

But anyway with Burst, My sword, and a Slayers Bangle- along with Crit up on my battle skills, I destroy. The combo I use is Stampede Slash, Rising Blade X4, then Celestial Sword. I have been using Bacchus and he has maxed out Black Hole Sphere, Termination, Force Breaker & Irradiation. He spams those ridiculously and absolutely owns... along with absolutely eating up his MP. This is no problem as he has the Convert skill so when he gets low after about 20 battles, I switch to him and use that a few times. Black Hole Sphere is too good.

Agozer, you mentioned you run out of MP but I dont see how. But I am not as far as you, I imagine they take alot of punishment. I constantly spam my moves with Edge and with %4 regen after a battle, he can go almost indefinitely... but of course everyone else is spamming moves too. Battles run about 20 seconds. Do you have the Convert skill? Or Symbolic Weapon (which is inferior)?

Have you been Synthesizing?

Ok Ill stop jabbering for now.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on Nox Obscurus as well, in its dungeon (Palace of Creation or somesuch). I'm not exactly bitching about the lack of MP (even though CPU-controlled Meracle really burns through her MP in no time), I just like to keep a decent amount of purple bonus plates so that I know that I'll get all HP and MP back after a battle. No need for me to use Convert either. My levels are something like Lv.91 each. I'm not much of a fiddler and experimenter when it comes to accessories, but Slayer's Bangle and a special talisman for Lymle (forgot its name, offers nice stat boosts across all parameters) .

And by taking a lot of punishment, I mean that if you don't want to rely on the strongest skills that much. I've usually ended the battle long before any of my characters get even remote chance at activating Rush Mode. I don't know if you got it, but there's special Battle Trophy for Bacchus you can get in the fight against that one boss in En II.

Lymle is an excellent character to have fighting it out, because her spells are so powerful. She's particularly lethal when coupled with Fast Cast. Sarah too, although she's more of a good support character and best left CPU-controlled.

P.S. Black Hole Sphere and Irradiation ftw. Also, Meracle's Somersault Smash canceled into Claws of Fury, canceled into X-Claw... total destruction.

P.P.S. I synthesize like there's no tomorrow.

I was reading a faq and accidently saw some information about the post game dungeon. All I know is its there... And I know at the very least how many levels it has... What I am saying, is if you have no gaps in your beastery, the missing monsters may be in said dungeon. But 50 is a hell of alot... Perhaps there are more places to discover than you think. You say last last dungeon... ((dont confirm or deny please...)) which seems to me that once you thought it was done it wasnt, therefore fighting even more shit. Perhaps there is something past that even?

Oh... remember all those personal action situations and such. apparently you can miss ALOT of stuff... as in endings or whatever. What if this is factored into the missing monsters too? Just a thought... seems a bit of a stretch, that one.

Any way, Id rather have 3 or 4 % regen now and the rest XP. That convert skill is SICK. Use it twice or so and yer full.

Yea Bacchus spams Black Hole Sphere, Termination, Force Breaker & Irradiation. The girls spam theyre spells and sometimes when I kill of a guy and im on the edge of the arena, I turn around and see stuff n the middle like a giant black hole, with giant red beams shooting down through the sky, a giant sphere of electricity, huge pillars of white light shooting up, clusters of missiles and streams of lightning, beams of energy ripping the ground to pieces it chaotic explosions with hurricanes and giant domes of fire... all going off sequentially... overlapping each other. I dont even run over there sometimes as its already over... Im sure your characters do the same. Ya almost feel sorry for the bastards.

Ah... Shimada. I like what happened to him.

So the game just recently got badass... but even then its filled with moment where if I were there... Id say " SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Theres a giant space dragon the size of America, made of energy, with hordes of neverending ships, RIGHT FUCKING THERE!!! Why the fuck are you guys talking about this shit right now??? LETS GO!!!

Ah... Shimada. I like what happened to him.

So the game just recently got badass... but even then its filled with moment where if I were there... Id say " SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Theres a giant space dragon the size of America, made of energy, with hordes of neverending ships, RIGHT FUCKING THERE!!! Why the fuck are you guys talking about this shit right now??? LETS GO!!!

Yea, Nox Obscurus morphing like that was great. I haven't been reading any FAQs to avoid spoilers, but I'm pretty sure that this game has at least one post-game dungeon, otherwise it would be a break in tradition. Plus, there hasn't been any optional dungeons in the game up to the point where I'm now.

Not to mention missing monster data, I'm also missing weapon data and spaceship data, too. I will be slightly disappointed if the game ends after Nox Obscurus. Then again, if the post game stuff is awesome, I guess that'll make up for it. That Palace of Creation is a bitch as well; has at least eight "rooms" (turned back and returned to the ship after playing Nox Obscurus for four hours straight and reaching said floor with no savepoint or boss in sight).

P.S. I'm playing the "enhanced" PS3 version, so I kinda out of it for a brief moment when you said "Disc 3".

In palace of creation, I just hit the 3rd area. I noticed now, that I need to check and see what class an enemy is, as the magma golem is a daemon, where as the metal golem at EN II was machine. And I am often changing my party in accordance to what type the enemies are.

I have not been beefing up any items but none the less, I seem to be owning. Edge is 92, Bacchus is 88, and the rest are in the mid to upper 70's. I noticed on the surface, a plant spot gave a life seed. Not that I would grind, that would take forever to run back to the ship... But I do hope I find creatures here that drop seeds. Not that I would grind them either... There are always stronger and stronger enemies. Hopefully the uber enemies give off good shit, including seeds.

Yea everyone is now learning good moves/spells. I bursted out laughing at the chaos similar to what I explained last post. I tell you, ever since Star Ocean II I have never seen another game franchise equal the epicness of battles. FF XIII is good fun, but I havent gotten 100% cause I got bored. I totally see myself getting 100% here.

I know I'll need to new game + or whatever this game has... that is if I did end up missing a chest on the Mothership. Thought I was a pretty thorough guy, but when I had treasure sense on and went back to Limuria, I found 4 chests!!! 2 more on Aeos when doing the Wisdom quest from EN II.

I get sick of talking to everyone. I swear they force you to be redundant to get everything there is. One quest doesnt become available until 2 hours after you finished theyre previous quest. It feels like you gotta speak to everyone... over and over and over and over just to be certain. Its annoying. So yea, Im feeling as if im missing alot, for instance recipes. Always seem to be getting a recipe from a chest or a random quest.

Well anyway Im catching up. Im a few floor behind you

I also have this feeling that I missed a chest or two on the Carnianon Mothership, because back then, not only was this place hard as nails (especially the mechanical dinosaur type, and of which you get to see an assimilated version in Nox Obscurus), but also you didn't have the key item that shows chests on the map.

I'm kinda slow and methodical when it comes to playing Star Ocean and JRPGs in general, so you'll probably go past me fairly soon.

LOL I hit 8 and went back, searched all other paths. Gotta go to the store real quick and get some Mtn Dew, but I'll get past this soon enough. I've been thinking. I know just as much as you do now storywise... I dont think this is the end. Theres got to be something beyond this boss, not counting post game stuff.

Shall we speculate on the story so far? I believe Faize will be at the core of this planet, or at least protecting the core. I dont know how... what possessed him? He started acting all weird and then he went missing. What could have happened? Eyes glowing is not normal.

Fucking hell... Beat this game already so we can talk about this.

I assume by your earlier post that the game isnt 3 disks for you? How lucky you are! If I anywhere other than Nox Obscurus or EN II I gotta put in disk 2, so if I gotta go back and forth to create stuff on Calnus... and since you can only hold 20 of an item, I foresee myself swapping disks a hell of alot. Just imagine how it'll be for me when making the uberest of gear and enhancing it/them with multiple generation synthesis items........ assuming one can do that but I believe so.

So again, fucking hell. Beat it already so you can be in the same boat Im in right now.

I don't think Faize's eyes glowing means that someone or something has possessed him. IIRC, it was revealed at some point during the story that their race has undergone extensive DNA manipulation, Arumat being the most extreme case. Due to this manipulation, whenever Faize has a huge emotional shock or something otherwise causes his normally suppressed emotions to surge, his eyes change color.

You know, first time was when he saw the nomad girl being sacrificed by that religious nutjob on Roak and the second time being the "need to save my people" rant and leaving things to Arumat.

Or maybe I overlooked something and he really is possessed. As to what happened to Faize, I bet he's ramboing it up something near the core of the planet. I would prefer Arumat sticking with the rest of the crew till the very end. He's the better fighter after all.

btw, did you beat Arumat in a duel in one of his Personal Actions?

EDIT: Good job beating the game.

Yea I beat Arumat.

Yea I like Arumat much better anyway. He doesnt have platform shoes, He doesnt act queer, Doesnt look gay, Stronger, kick ass looking moves, acts cool/is cool. [queer as in ninny & gay as in emo]

Well get back on it, beat it. We have things to discuss.

This is what I have learned, things you may want to know.

Filling orders out at shops count as actual quests. If you didn't complete the ones on Aeos before it was sundered, like me, you'll have to playthrough again to get everything.

As far as I know, there is not a New Game +. What I do know is that when you start a new game, it gives you the option to keep the collection data from previous playthroughs. When you beat it it asks if you want to save the data. I imagine that if you beat it, save data, then play a ton in post game... then dont beat it again... if you start a new game the data you collected ,post game, will not carry over... I guess. So beat it again before starting a new game... to be safe.

Also in new playthroughs it gives you the option to keep Faize in your party instead of Arumat. This doesnt effect the story, in cut scenes Arumat will be there like normal. This is how you would complete Faizes battle trophies.