Star Ocean TLH

Krosigrim

This is what I have learned, things you may want to know.

Filling orders out at shops count as actual quests. If you didn't complete the ones on Aeos before it was sundered, like me, you'll have to playthrough again to get everything.

Yes, this much I knew from the very beginning.

An option to keep Faize in the party seems like a nice touch, precisely because of his otherwise unobtainable Battle Trophies.

EDIT: I heard that the English dub is pretty horrible. Afraid to confirm it myself.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated before, it is horrible. I blame the content. I bet it sounds so much better in Japanese... as in I wouldnt hear what theyre saying, but reading it as it stands here in my version would still be bad.

Well are you back to playing it? You said you hit the 8th room, you werent far from advancement to the next leg.

Have you made laser suits yet? I just did post game. Their easy to make, have 16 (slots) and a blank effect board. I put 4 Hyper potions in one and a ton of Crystal and or Solid Gear dropped by undead in the desert. You would not need to do this yet but remember Laser Suits for later.

I've been playing with Synthesis and I need to read it their is an invisible cap to % increases for Fol and XP. I have two weapons with a combined increase of 240% But when I started getting alot of Fol tiles... the numbers didnt add up. Oh wait, now I get it, it didnt combing the %. The weapon bonus just gives you the cash right off, but the tile bonus adds at the end, and only added the % of the original Fol ammt. I guess, I'll have to either read or experiment and do the calculations myself.

I haven't played TLH in a fairly long time, except some occasional grinds in Nox Obscurus. I guess I should try and finish the thing some time next week.

No, I don't think I have Laser Suits either. Haven't checked though. On another note, I remember that the shops on En II have some hard-ish quests involving special armor and weapons.

Well Bacchus and Arumat make a recipe for it.

The laser weapon you get, assuming you did the quests from the sanctuary in EN II... is the only one you get. No recipe. If you have one I hope you did not mod it. If you havnent. Do not. I dont want to tell you why. Im trying my best not to spoil a thing for you, I hate when people spoil things for me. But your better off leaving it alone for the time being.

Much lvl advancement! Edge is level 142, Bacchus is 139, Etc Etc. I have a ridiculous combo with Bacchus. Its not even fair.

(Burst lvl 20)

Black Hole Sphere: You know how this works... slowly sucks mobs to a center.

Irradiation: This is great as it has a slight delay...

Force Breaker: Once Irradiation hits, this has already been launched due to the delay of the previous move.

Justice Savior: Ridiculous!!!

Now assuming you have a big mob, once Irradiation hits your (Burst) mode fills and you hit it as soon as its full. The rest of the attacks are critting like mad and you still havent pulled out the Justice savior... which peppers those dummies with 2 over the top vulcan cannons. I also have the (add a chance to hit per attack) on him sooo0o0o0oo0o0o0o.

Basically, I spam this and Rush does not go down... it stays at 100 and continues to crit alot as all these moves in this sequence hit multiple multiple times. While all this is going down, the enemies are in a neat ball and everyone else is hacking/zapping away. I win battles at around 300-700 hits.

Well there is so much I want to discuss but your not at a place where I can really say much. Right now... I am on a quest (of my own design) to make uber gear. There is a lack of total information at gamefaqs. I stumbled across this from the board there.

Translated: Japanese Wiki for Star Ocean TLH

This is set to the Mining locations and what these veins contain. I cannot find any lists like this elsewhere. The faqs are incomplete and I didnt know where to find Wind Gems. They dont drop from creatures and you cannot buy them. Says here they are at the mining locations in the Sanctuary at EN II. I cannot find maps of the hidden locations, and the descriptions I tried on Nox were not perfect. Why hasnt anyone made a map?

IIRC, there's one hidden mining spot in The Sanctuary on En II (near where the three crystal thingamajigs are), and at least two on Nox Obscurus. Those three are the ones I found, at least.

P.S. I can't for the life of me solve the second Cryptograph. I bet it's something piss easy, but I just don't get it.

"A fosse within an azure forest"

Fosse: 1) A moat or defensive ditch in a fortification, usually filled with water. 2) Any ditch, trench, or canal.

Azure: 1) The blue of a clear or unclouded sky. 2) A light, purplish blue. 3) Heraldry: The tincture or color blue. 4) The clear, cloudless sky.

I had to Dictionary.com "Arrgent" from the first one. That clued me in instantly once I saw the definition. I figured Id do the same for you just in case. Even if you know the definitions, perhaps looking at it again will help. This is the one that was the trickiest.

So... tell me you didnt mod your Laser Weapon...

And I found 2 secret mining points on my own. On Nox though, I was sick of hugging the wall... even with that list, can only find 1. Their description is left to interpretation...

"A fosse within an azure forest"

Fosse: 1) A moat or defensive ditch in a fortification, usually filled with water. 2) Any ditch, trench, or canal.

Azure: 1) The blue of a clear or unclouded sky. 2) A light, purplish blue. 3) Heraldry: The tincture or color blue. 4) The clear, cloudless sky.

I had to Dictionary.com "Arrgent" from the first one. That clued me in instantly once I saw the definition. I figured Id do the same for you just in case. Even if you know the definitions, perhaps looking at it again will help. This is the one that was the trickiest.

So... tell me you didnt mod your Laser Weapon...

And I found 2 secret mining points on my own. On Nox though, I was sick of hugging the wall... even with that list, can only find 1. Their description is left to interpretation...

Yes, I know the definitions for both Azure and Fosse. Didn't help much. :/ Maybe I'm just not thinking straight. The first one was easy.

About the secret mining points on Nox: The first one I found was in the very first area just before the first "sphere lifts". It's to the left in a small nook.

The second one is in the middle of the second area, near the Chimera that prowls there.

First bubble lift. Thats the only one I got.

I hate how you cannot select an enemy directly in battle. Sometimes it just doesnt seem to want to change targets.

Anyway, Im currently grinding for items to craft & synth with. Some are easy, common drops like Lightning Gems. There are other things that take some time, but all of this will be worth it. Im making some stuff thats just plain ridiculous. Im actually amazed at how much time im going through to complete this task. I knew it'd take some time, but I've been at this for hours.

First bubble lift. Thats the only one I got.

I hate how you cannot select an enemy directly in battle. Sometimes it just doesnt seem to want to change targets.

Well, Pressing Start (don't know what the XBOX equivalent is) cycles target locks.

Nope, not on this version apparently.

Holy shit Agozer... I got ridiculous stuff and it doesnt actually take much effort. It is by no means the best you can get by far, but for what I need to do... it had better work.

Edit: Back to the drawing board. Just found out I passed the cap on crit + stacking. This means my equipment will be even more ridiculous!