Nintendo 3DS Specs revealed

Wizard

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaand they dont have replacements. How can Sega replace sonic... their a sunken ship. Mario scores higher than Santa Clause on the worldwide recognition scale.

I wish they would retire... Im sick of seeing them. Not that I play, just knowing they are there is bad enough.

Only reason I want a WII is for Galaxy and the new metroid at the moment.

Man they have drip fed good shit this time round, I thought the 64 had it slow...

Anyone rocked the new metroid yet?

M wasnt too well received.

It was praised for its ingenuity (bs) and it innovative (Wii's only one trick pony).

But if ure a major fan of Metroid or any of the franchises (which is mainly comprised of the pple still playing the wii).

Yatzhee Talks about Metroid Other M

HE didnt comment on da gameplay as much as i wanted but the whole very linear 3rd person then first person for certain moments didnt match anywhere as smooth as da fee walk-around fps of da first Metroid.

ANd im curious!? WHY does wii keep seeming like downgrade from GC?

Well unless PSP2 is 3D... And even so, Nintendo seems to run the show on the handheld 3rd parties. What Im saying, (unless Im unaware) is there are more games I want on DS (which I own) than on PSP.

3 fucking D. I cant believe it. Who-da-tought 25 years ago when NES hit... with our VCR's, 4:3 TV's with turn nobs, tape decks, roller skates, and corded phones... that one day youd be able to hold in your hand, a little box with graphics you couldnt even imagine... IN 3D!!!

I may not be a fan on Nintendo anymore... but I give credit where credit is due. This 3DS is a stupendous idea. I hope companies are ready for it... Konami Co. already has my vote for most competent. They gave Kojima a chance with Metal Gear Solid back on playstation... That game is still amazing. The level of depth, they presented a superior product across all boards. Story, dialog, character development, interactions, graphics were pushed to the very limits. No cut scenes for streamless story telling (as to not remove you from the game ((as in a visual reminder that you are watching a game)) Does anyone recall how amazing the rumble feature was implemented in that game? From the feel of an approaching Hind, to feeling Merryl's pulse to see if she was alive (in which Snake did not have to say "she's still alive" to clue in the audience) Psycho Mantis telling me "You like Castlevania, don't you?" For a split second I was like "WHAAAAAAT!" After the next fraction of a second passed and I realized it read my memory card... I was still impressed. I can go on and on but any connoisseur of gaming will admit that the level of quality on the first MGS alone was staggering. The game is badass. Kojima Co. must employ the best of the best of the best. Extreme vision. Forward thinking. Outside the box... outside the building that the box was in even.

Point? I hope companies put in at least a fraction of what Kojima Co. brought to the table. Games that were truly worthy. I hope there are a good amount of games that do 3DS right.

[so yea... cant you tell Im getting the Metal Gear game on 3DS?]

[/rant]

didnt match anywhere as smooth as da fee walk-around fps of da first Metroid.

Lol what? The first metroid was 2d.

But the only thing I hate about 3D in 3DS is they are trying to make everything as if flying at you all the time. The bees, the snake, the soldier, yeah....

at least the gameplay video is showing how amazing most games will look. And fuck, MGS3D already look amazing on the trailer. I cant imagine when playing it on the real machine.

I have played through Other M twice now, and I liked it.

The only "fans" criticizing it, are hardcore morons that think the Metroid Manga is some sort of bible. Those Manga's conflict with the original games themselves, and weren't released until long after the first 3 games.

Zero Mission has stuff the original game didn't, played nothing like it and wasn't laid out the same yet it wasn't slammed.

For a 3D platformer Metroid game, Other M was great. The only reason anyone whined is because WE'VE NEVER HEARD SAMUS SPEAK BEFORE!

If any games should be slammed, it should be the Prime series and Fusion, Fusion especially as it's just fucked and doesn't fit in at all.

I say this with Metroid being my fav game series.