Official Red dead Redemption thread.

emsley

Yeah I managed to clear out the Armadillo poker table, took numerous tries though.

And the Rosary is the Obscuridad Del Santo Andres. Supposed to make you harder to hit by enemies, I had no idea you could get that pretty early on. Would've been using for doing all the sharpshooting challenges that got me killed constantly (specifically Challenge 8 and 10). You can get once you have Hero Honor status, but the encounter is completely random and I almost finished the game before finding out about it because the NPC never showed up.

Read that she spawns in Macfarlane Ranch or Armadillo so I loitered in those areas for hours trying to get it.

And just got my Legend of The West outfit the other day. :) Sharpshooting and Hunting challenges are a real pain...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all I have left is hunting challenges. and 2 outfits. then I should be at 100% for what ever reason getting the strangers to show up was the hardest part of this game for me. hahah.

got this off the rockstar site.

The world of Red Dead Redemption is inhabited by a large cast of characters, all living out their lives as John Marston makes his way across the land. One characteristic of the townspeople in the game is jealousy...

While becoming famous has perks like shopkeepers giving you discounts and people greeting you by name, it'll also attract attention from gunfighters looking to make a name for themselves. The more famous you are, the more likely you are to be challenged.

After gaining enough fame, walk around town such as Armadillo in the daytime and chances are, a wannabe gunslinger will challenge you. Once someone does and you've accepted, you'll have the option to review the dueling tutorial text. Here are a few steps for coming out on top in a duel:

1. After accepting a duel, the word "DRAW" appears and two meters are displayed on the right side of the HUD. John's meter is blue and the red meter belongs to your enemy. Fill up John's meter before your enemy and you'll win.

2. Draw your weapon by either flicking up then down on the Right Analog Stick or by pressing the Left Trigger/L2.

3. Place your shots carefully and quickly using RB/R1, but watch the crosshair. It will change colors back and forth, red and white. Depending on where you aim, white will fill John's meter more than red. Aiming for the gun hand or the top part of the enemy's head when the aiming reticule is white will fill John's meter faster than anything else.

Additionally, here are some tips and tricks if you want to take your dueling a step further:

If you want to force a duel, put on the Elegant Suit that John receives after the first few missions and then get caught cheating in a poker game.

If you want to gain 100 Fame as well as some Honor, disarm your enemy by shooting the gun out of his hand using Dead-Eye. (Do note that some duels that take place during story missions have enemies that cannot be disarmed)

Shoot for the gun first and the hat second - embarassing your enemy in a duel is always good fun.

also found this on the rockstar site..... WTF?!?

rdr-sexing-blog.jpg

Doesn't "sexing" in rancher terms mean manually aiding in the copulation of their livestock so they give birth to more cattle? Or horses, etc.

I think I've gotten all I am gonna get out of RDR. I've got well over 80 hours of playtime logged. hopefully the DLC will bring everybody back to multiplayer. Seems like Kro, Solid and others have been wrapped up in call of doody. sorry, I'm not playing that shit.

Im about to have another outing on Single player tonight been a few days been busy, im up in the north now and need to find a buffalo rigle to catch up on my challenges, no luck with treasure number 9 i might have to look for that one on the net.

The bastard.