A gamer's plea

Dear 1emulation forum members.

I am in desperate dire need of your utter most kindness. As you all know, StarCraft 2 is currently during it's Closed Beta phase. To get in, one must have a beta key from Blizzard (only for Battle.net account owners) or have an invite on their account if they've had their account for a while. My efforts to attain such an account have been fruitless. I have tried everything possible. My only hope now is to rely on the kindness of my fellow 1emulation forumites.

I realize that these coveted beta keys go for as much as 300$ on eBay. I realize most people would rather sell them than enjoy such a great game. I am not such a person. Most of you have known me for quite a while and I dare say that you've come to know me as an honest person. If you can find it in your heart to part with such a key or send out a friend invite in my general direction, I would be eternally grateful. I would also be able to send out an invitation to the Heroes of Newerth Beta (a DotA successor) to that person if he/she would so desire.

Dear friends, my last hopes reside with you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Really can't wait for the game to be released eh? I really hope no one's silly enough to pay $300 for access to a beta. That's rediculous.

people are paying that much. it's rediculous. it's freakin' starcraft, not Jesus in your PC.

nah I don't have any invites or anything.

I can't fathom....

I also saw similar case when GOWIII demo was released limited with GOW Collection. And the bidding war is on for a piece of demo that will come out in a few months time.....

you could try playing against ai to tide you over until you get a beta key, not sure if links to the needed bits would be ok here or not but google 'lazy loader' & 'starcraft 2 ai' its not exactly what you seek but may provide a sc2 fix until you find it

You know I've never actually played the original StarCraft. Really must do that some day.

I've already been playing against the Ai for quite some time using those utilities, but it's getting quite boring. So now I play something else until my friend stops playing on his beta account, at which point in log on his and play a couple of matches. My friend is asking absolutely everyone he meets during matches if they have a friend invite or beta key for his "brother"(me). Might seem cheesy but we're as close as brothers anyway. We've currently got two people that might give us a beta invite, one keeps stalling us and says he's gonna give it 100% but never logs on and the other says he hasn't decided yet.