nes6502 Any Chance...?

willers

The latest SVN version of ScummVM plays all of the above. Discworld 1+2 support still isn't in the stable release last time I looked, but they work perfectly in the bleeding edge release which you can find on their forums. You will of course need to use your PC.

'It must be a plot element, otherwise it'd have a better label.'

You know what I like about Discworld, that they could only afford to hire like four actors. Eric Idle, Tony Robinson and some guy and woman. Nearly everyone you talk to is Tony Robinson trying to put on a different voice.

You know what I'm looking forward to, Residual. When that gets done I'll finally be able to play all the way through Grim Fandango.

I thought there was a rip of Grim Fandango that played on XP/Vista. That was a GREAT game. From what I've read about Residual its an on again off again project that may or may not ever get finished. I'll check my files for that XP GF version...

The thing with Grim is that it's so random about when it will work and when it won't. Some people can run it on XP no problem, some are plagued with random crashes. I'm one of the latter. I've tried the original game, a CD rip, and a merged DVD install I downloaded, same on each one. I've tried compatibility modes, patched the executable with Imagecfg, used the launcher someone made, everything in the book for getting Grim to work under XP. No matter what I did, I always got crashes. I managed to get through year 1 but after that it would always crash when a new area loads in year 2. I really hope Residual gets done coz even though I've never completed it, Grim is easily my favourite adventure game.

The thing with Grim is that it's so random about when it will work and when it won't. Some people can run it on XP no problem, some are plagued with random crashes. I'm one of the latter. I've tried the original game, a CD rip, and a merged DVD install I downloaded, same on each one. I've tried compatibility modes, patched the executable with Imagecfg, used the launcher someone made, everything in the book for getting Grim to work under XP. No matter what I did, I always got crashes. I managed to get through year 1 but after that it would always crash when a new area loads in year 2. I really hope Residual gets done coz even though I've never completed it, Grim is easily my favourite adventure game.

I feel your pain. I used to keep an old computer up and running windows 98 and dos just so I could play older games like this. I called it my Dos Box. Emulation is great, but you could get a computer from the salvation army for $50 and it'd play some of these old games no problem!

My favorites have always been Full Throttle and Sam & Max. I've kept a copy of both of them on every gadget I could get ScummVM running on.

I considered buying an old PC for running Dos games. I really wanted to play Loadstar, coz I played a demo when it came out but never bought it. Then finally bought it years later but couldn't get it to run on my newer PC, even in Dos itself. It was one of the few games that DoxBox couldn't play at all either, which is why I almost bought an old PC. But now the lastest SVN of DosBox plays Loadstar perfect. It's really worth going back and checking for bleeding edge releases. Too bad after all this time I found out that Loadstar has a cliffhanger ending. Between DosBox and ScummVM, there aren't any of my Dos games I can't play anymore.