Xbox 1.4ghz & 128 RAM - Emulation Inquiry

PhilExile

I have a 1ghz 128mb, and a 1.4ghz 128mb xbox. The main benefits are in n64, ps1 and arcade emulators. you can play stuff like daraku tenshi, super smash bros, tekken 3, crystal kings etc with good framerate and sound. Its also good for playing anything that worked before in 720p with filters.

Many Xbox games will run too fast unless you patch every XBE with my 1.4ghz patcher to get the correct speed: http://www.mediafire.com/?vmnnzwxndnj

Thank you for clearing this up! :)

Do you know if it's worth the money & the work? I know it depends on yourself, but is it hard? I heard that it is not very easy. But now I want to know it. Thank you in advance!

Oh, you wrote that patcher! Thanks! I heard on it while researching.

Would you mind trying out the X68000 emulator? There are two games I'm curious about:

Akumajō Dracula - Will this run smooth without frameskip enabled? With a stock Xbox, it slows as soon as you get into the castle without frameskip enabled.

Reinforcer - Will this game run smooth at all, with or without frameskip? It runs awful now.

I'd be getting a 1.4ghz/128 RAM Xbox.

Thanks!

I have a 1ghz 128mb, and a 1.4ghz 128mb xbox. The main benefits are in n64, ps1 and arcade emulators. you can play stuff like daraku tenshi, super smash bros, tekken 3, crystal kings etc with good framerate and sound. Its also good for playing anything that worked before in 720p with filters.

Many Xbox games will run too fast unless you patch every XBE with my 1.4ghz patcher to get the correct speed: http://www.mediafire.com/?vmnnzwxndnj

lots and lots works on CoinOPS...all midway with sound at full speed...all cps2 at full speed...

is this due to the 128mb ram or the processor or both? because I was considering doing the ram only (not quite up to the task of a new processor lol.

Hi Stryder,

Did you have a chance to try out the x68000 emulator on your upgraded Xbox. I'm curious to hear how it went.

Thanks again

runs all cps3 games but sf3 third strike runs out of memory. i will try that zelda game tonight when i get home and give you an update. no i dont have x68000. i can get and try it this weekend.

Where do i get the parts for the RAM and CPU upgrade? what are they called? I found a wiki link but all the links are dead :clapping:

any links to somewqhere that either sells the parts or has a pre modded xbox for sale with RAM and CPU already done.....

• 2 weeks later...
lots and lots works on CoinOPS :thumbsup1: sengalis strikers...cyber sled....all midway with sound at full speed...all cps2 at full speed.... and tonnes more...also tekken blah blah blah...

ok, so i will be getting a 1.4ghz xbox with 128mb of ram. is there anything special i need to do in coinops to have it recognize the extra speed of my cpu?

and for those of you using n64 with an upgraded box, do you need to do anything special with surreal64 settings to get increased speed? i am currently using monkeys ini for game configs, will this still give the best results for my roms?