(XBOX)

(XBOX)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who says he doesnt care you sure wasted your "valuable" time "researching" other peoples post Id one day like to read "not" this exame paper youv constructed...anyhow if Iv hurt your feelings anyway I apologize iv seen I hurt your heart quite a bit ..there there little one "taps britney pairs on his balding head" "then sticks a "Im a doosh kick me" sign on his back" ...

I was kidding about MELD buddy a dashboard that did this would be cool though since alot of cab owners or noobs wouldnt mind an app like that...but ehhh and emu nah console roms with arcade emus never looks good imo remember MY OPINION....I dont and wont use features like that ,didnt use it when FBL did it with genesis..anyhow yeah I use queer ops I like Mameox..but my fav build is showcase...Gold was cool too (anyone build that was MAME-like)....but as of now I wont make use of the "New" feats, prob will yous the boss hacks just havnt looked into it..anyhow nice talking to you have a nice day Ill make sure to comment on your thread again seeing as how you love it......

ps...if it matters I did say I like queer-ops that a compliment and a funny...

BPs quote "answer why you where so quick to attach your name to my emualtor (with in 24 hours you released it with your name) after you say its rubbish and want nothing to do with it as posted though here..... I feel sorry for you really if it makes you feel better its all good" enjoy your fame I know you lie and id say most do....if you want credit for the emu send me your logo and ill add it for you to the build and funanchu can reupload it :) lol .... Im out but I give 100percent permission for Fumunchu to release it with (xbox) name on it and add his own splash screen....as if anyone would follow this anyways

ughh what oh I think your talking about when I ask you for the logo "coinops" psd file yep was gonna make a logo for a wide icon I was making for myself..that you never sent even though you offered to send it via anyone who pms you for it..Im done your right this is boring dont see how you do it everyday with everyone...good day sir...

just saying I think your a sad man.... I feel sorry for you dude

do what ever you want.....ive never been put off by you :) I just think your kind of sad and have to hang around

id recommend the

(XBOX) Coinops Reignite r5 + Megadrive and Snes roms[new updated emu]1 post -version its fast and well supported :) its actually the top serach in google lol for "coinops reignite r5" hehhehe

good work for a man that has his own hate thread...of queer ops...attach his name dont mention any of whats in here and release fast as one can....just saying good work brother...keep it up

PS I really dont care if you use it or not....or even what version you use...I know you think I do lol

I’m actually finding it hard to understand both of you right now. I told you MELD would catch on though. Not the idea, just the name. It's a perfect acronym. Anyway, the idea of a frontend for emulators is not new or special. There are some really nice ones on the PC like Hyperspin and Maximus Arcade. It just so happens that it hasn't been done for emulators on the Xbox. Which is why when PhilExile suggested it I said genuinely that it was a good idea. I noticed that the acronym he used spelled MELD, which sounded cool. Then BP started calling me a dick. I don't know exactly why BP took offence at the idea of MELD, nor why he's giving you shit over it.

I'm also not sure what a document of quotes edited together from years of posts will do. I don't see it proving anything convincingly coz it will all be out of context. As for the ‘I don't use it’ part, I for one can happily swear on a bible that I don't. In fact I won't be using any emulator on the Xbox anymore. I've seen the folly of my ways.

If the last couple of days have proved anything for me, it's that progress in emulation on the Xbox has very nearly reached its end. The latest things out there are Final Burn Legends, and CoinOps. NES has said he will not be developing FBL any further. So that just leaves CoinOps. The latest and greatest that CoinOps has to offer is the addition of console games through the launching of emulators that already existed. Most of them years old, inserting these emulators into CoinOps brings no improvements in emulation, or additional features to the table. BP told me this himself in his thread.

This means that the latest development in the only active Xbox project is essentially cosmetic only. It does not bring anything new, it just presents what was already out there in one UI. This as it happens is pretty much the definition of a frontend, which is fine, and as concept for a cab based dashboard has potential. But my point is that adding games to CoinOps that we've been able to play for years on the Xbox is not really a move forward, it's a move sideways. I believe that there will only be sideways steps from now on. Steps that beautify or organise what's already there. Like adding art and synopsis through Resurrection Xtras, new skins and UIs and so on. We might also see some more hacked versions of games made playable. All good, but really just finishing touches.

Unless something drastic happens, like an updated MAME port or something, I think the end of the road is nigh. And even if a new MAME was made, the limitations of the Xbox hardware will always be there, stopping it from running memory hungry games. This is why I will be doing all my emulation on PC from now on. I intend to buy a slimline media centre PC, hook it up to my TV, and use it as a dedicated emulation machine. I’ll be running Maximus Arcade with every emulator that it supports. If MELD was made, and it was anything like Maximus arcade, it would be something to behold.

Oh god no. You call it that and you'll have to pay to download everything you use on it. 'You wanna play Mario? You gotta buy the Mario App, it costs a hundred dollars.' I see a name suggestion thread coming, followed by a poll. All for something that doesn't exist yet. Mayble I'll use Frank's MELD logo on my PC setup.

Hah, ahh, Apple tax. There's nothing like it.

Actually you had a good point about the Xbox scene slowly fading away. I think its actually a good thing. Like you said, the hardware is aging and, at this point, there are just interface refinements going on, as well as adding a few games here and there. I'd be fine with everything just getting polished up at this point.

What more do we need?

It does most console emulation really well, same for Arcade. Sure, it'd be nice if someone came along and did a 3DO or Jaguar emulator, but I'm content. It even does HD up to 1080i, so its somewhat future proof, at least for 10 years or so.

I've often thought about building a small PC for retro games, but you still have to deal with Windows and its annoying. Plus, the PC front ends suck for the most part.

Oh god no. You call it that and you'll have to pay to download everything you use on it. 'You wanna play Mario? You gotta buy the Mario App, it costs a hundred dollars.' I see a name suggestion thread coming, followed by a poll. All for something that doesn't exist yet. Mayble I'll use Frank's MELD logo on my PC setup.

Here's full-size png if you need.. :)

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6666/meld.png

BPs quote "answer why you where so quick to attach your name to my emualtor (with in 24 hours you released it with your name) after you say its rubbish and want nothing to do with it as posted though here

(XBOX) Coinops Reignite r5 + Megadrive and Snes roms[new updated emu]1 post -version its fast and well supported smile.gif its actually the top serach in google lol for "coinops reignite r5" hehhehe

ha sorry to burst your bubble but Iv never uploaded R5 or any coinops build obviously the person who uploaded that was pointing out that coinops was to be played on the xbox hence the (XBOX) in front...FAIL!!!!!!! :)

vaderfail1.jpg

Edited by (XBOX)