Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sources are there

swap the names (look at the diffs) and let me know :) they seem to be in every build for at least a year about the time when cba wanted me to fix lightgun and was great at giving me helpfull advice about it

COINOPS LightgunCalibrationScreen.h

LightgunCalibrationScreen.h

COINOPS Lightgun.h

Lightgun.h

The only issue i had was trying to exit the calibration screen with a button press. Without this button press the calibration wasnt saved. It may be a simple case of remapping a button to exit that screen.

Guns tend to have an "A" Trigger and on Beretta's and EMS LCD TopGun its the trigger and a side mounted button.

A "B" button "Start" and "Back".

I can't remember as it been some time but if i remember correctly all buttons function correctly on the menus and in game it was just when you wanted to save and exit the calibration screen the "B" button had no function. Whether this pice of code is broken or the save and exit button needs mapping to Start or Back. Your call.

Updated lightgun code and added Start and Back as the buttons to setup instead of A and B

lightguncalibrationscreen.cpp

if( inputManager.IsButtonPressed( GP_A ) )

{

break ;

}

else if( inputManager.IsButtonPressed( GP_B ) )

{

}

changed to

if( inputManager.IsButtonPressed( GP_START ) )

{

break ;

}

else if( inputManager.IsButtonPressed( GP_BACK ) )

{

}

I know I cant code (your words not mine) but man the more I practise the lucky I get at this simple stuff :) patch it in its all good

I think the standard black,back,L&R triggers work in game not sure. I know that if you check his readme files that it says that the feature is built into the custom command launch parameters. I also remember madmab saying he patched this feature on a couple emulators for xbmc commandline launching. I think some of the xport emulators have the command built into the in game menu.

There might be a problem using his save state code in a command line setup not sure but I know you have to exit the game cleanly and go back to the menu for it to work. I have not tried to see how this effects save states when launching by commandline.

As far as that selection screen it will appear the first time you run a game. If those settings already exist then it will just load the game. You could work around this I would say by somehow offering these settings in a pre-configured way to satisfy the emulator. The emulators do this there self in the saves they make for each game. Which usually either defaults into the root of E under a folder named "Saves" or in the root of the emulators folder called "saves" in this folder you will find the skin settings ini and the emulators config file usually named emulatorname.ini "sometimes the ini file of the emulator also defaults in the root of the emulators folder.

Edited by run088

removed romid and crc message at rom startup...set it to bilinar smoothing by default...and a few other things :)

the core is 90 percent in now just needs some final touch ups...

its snes9xbox core so what ever that runs the driver name can be added to CoinOPS

ill just get it auto hd/sd switching