What games did you play in the arcade that are now emulated?

sbpaabck

I forgot to mention tmnt and simpsons, I played both briefly (at the airport before a holiday) and was blown away, would have loved more of a go on these in the day. On my to-do list in the world or emulation!

aww yes the simpsons. for got that ones too. played alot of that.

i know its not a video game but this arcade i went to had a game called Big Bertha (not the mortar lol) where you through plastic balls (like in ball pits) into this big ass girls mouth to get tickets and she laughed all creepy like. lol i loved playing that game. and getting tickets for a bunch of plastic crap i didnt need.

big%20bertha.jpg

You didn't hear my number 2..... :huh:

There was a game there one year called Pyros. "Wardner" is probably the name you'll remember though since MAME counts that as the parent and it was released as Wardner on the Genesis in America and on the NES in Japan.

One of the most addictive arcade platformers ever, I thought.

One year, one of the older teens broke the machine and ripped the whole damn joystick console right off the top.

All you had to do was pick up the top and reach down and press a white button to get credits.

Sounds great, but it wasn't long before everybody else picked up on that and there were long lines to play the game.

I remember I was probably about 8 that year and somehow I managed to get everyone playing with a fair system and turning it over to the next group of 2 players. I just remember when talking to everyone and finding out who wanted to be partners, I said something along the lines of "He wants to be with him" and some dude with a shaved head said "I don't wanna be with him" and I didn't get it.....

:)

gyruss gyruss gyruss

best game ever (in my opinion of course)

every summer when i was younger, my family went to a small beach resort. they had a gameroom with a pool table, a pinball machine, a jukebox, and gyruss. ever since, Toccata and Fugue in D minor has been in my head, and i wasted hundreds or quarters in that place. hahaha great memories. so awesome to be able to play it again on the good ol' xbox.

I absolutely LOVED Kung Fu Master as a kid on holiday in the 80's! They had it in a fantastic arcade place in St. Ives, Cornwall and I used to pump far too many 10p pieces - yeah, THOSE were the days!!! - into this thing and never getting much farther than the beginning of level 2... :D

When I first had my Xbox chipped (about 5 years ago now), that game was the first thing I loaded up on good old MAMEX and it was still just as ace as I remember!

Other fantastic (IMHO) notable Xbox emulatees that I previously enjoyed in that same arcade (in no particular order):

Final Fight (different holiday, same place, though I was a bit older by this one)

Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr

Marble Madness

Discs of Tron

Galaga

Aaaah, Happy Days! :P

I forgot to mention tmnt and simpsons, I played both briefly (at the airport before a holiday) and was blown away, would have loved more of a go on these in the day. On my to-do list in the world or emulation!

aww yes the simpsons. for got that ones too. played alot of that.

i know its not a video game but this arcade i went to had a game called Big Bertha (not the mortar lol) where you through plastic balls (like in ball pits) into this big ass girls mouth to get tickets and she laughed all creepy like. lol i loved playing that game. and getting tickets for a bunch of plastic crap i didnt need.

big%20bertha.jpg

Haha... I remember Big Bertha. :D

We also had this cool game where you shot large balls out of a cannon and tried to knock the teeth out of some clown looking dude. If you spaced it just right, you could knock 2 teeth down with one shot. I was never able to knock 6 down in 3 shots which gave you like 10 times as many tickets as doing it in 4 shots, which I could do pretty frequently.

I still have 5 resin Skeleton statues that are playing instruments that I got from the local arcade. I cashed them in when I was about 19 and went there to play mini-golf with a girl I was dating. It pretty much cost all the tickets I'd ever saved there as a kid growing up. They're actually pretty cool.

Those places had some cool stuff, but you had to pay a fortune in games to get them. It was probably 200 bucks worth of games growing up that got those cool little statues.

I absolutely LOVED Kung Fu Master as a kid on holiday in the 80's! They had it in a fantastic arcade place in St. Ives, Cornwall and I used to pump far too many 10p pieces - yeah, THOSE were the days!!! - into this thing and never getting much farther than the beginning of level 2... :)

Aaaah, Happy Days! :D

Kung Fu Master, wow, your as old as i am ! 10p a go. Those were the days my friend.

Although, 10p then, constituted a reasonalble sum. Its about 3million quid in todays money. lol

I absolutely LOVED Kung Fu Master as a kid on holiday in the 80's! They had it in a fantastic arcade place in St. Ives, Cornwall and I used to pump far too many 10p pieces - yeah, THOSE were the days!!! - into this thing and never getting much farther than the beginning of level 2... :(

Aaaah, Happy Days! :D

Kung Fu Master, wow, your as old as i am ! 10p a go. Those were the days my friend.

Although, 10p then, constituted a reasonalble sum. Its about 3million quid in todays money. lol

Hey! Don't go telling all the trendy young things on here how old I am! (Although the '76' bit in my Login might give people a clue!)

If I'd saved my pennies then, instead of 'wasting them on those machines' as my mum used to put it, I'd quite possibly be 'normal' now and have a bit of money!

Although, I suspect not as the missus would probably take it off me instead! :)

Anyway, to keep this thread at least a little on-topic, I've thought of some more:

Moon Patrol - Ace on Xbox when played with an arcead stick.

Track & Field - A total pad destroyer and I STILL can't do the high jump...

Punch-Out!

Space Harrier and Super Hang On - both emulated perfectly, but somehow not as exciting without the hydraulic cabs.