UK number one for xmas music charts plesently supprised.

emsley

Dude for the past 4 years its been all x-factor (american idol) this started on facebook as far as i can gather. ]

A right boot up the ass for all the mainstream guys.

They "big guns" are calling "fluke" because of the winter and the snow and the singles selling a small 50,000 difference or something like that.

No more r&b no more lady whore face, no more black guys whose sole purpose is to "Bust a mint lyric!"

fuck you i wont do what you tell me!

Here is "the point"

How stupid our fellow Britons truely are. Some dumbass on facebook said let's make an old RATM song Christmas number one instaid of the X-Factor winner's song, so 800,000 and odd people went ahead and bought the song in 'protest' of the X-Factor winner always being number one at Christmas. Nice idea, but flawed in two vital ways. 1. RATM are shit. 2. RATM are signed with Epic, who are owned by Sony Music Entertainment, who also own Syco, Simon Cowell's record label. Simon Cowell has shares in all three companies, meaning that this Christmas he and Sony have raked in profits not just from the sales of the X-Factor single, but also from the sales of the RATM song, bought en mass by the idiots who thought they were protesting him. Well done British public, you got a shit song to number one, and made Simon Cowell a shitload of extra cash this Christmas.

What makes you think any money from sales is going to charity?

Well the band can choose to donate their cut to charity but they can't make Sony or Cowell give thier share up.

Sony and Cowell are gonna make money no matter what. between the 2 of them they own 80% of popular music anyways. I do find it very cool and funny that RATM fans did this to protest the manufactured pop music that is american idol/X-factor. the song picked is perfect. It's not like 500,000 singles sales is a shit load of money anyways. a buck a pop. Lets say Rage gets .25 and the other .75 goes to the label minus whatever Itunes gets as thier cut. I have no idea what exact numbers are but Cowell's cut wouldn't pay for one of his hair cuts.

"fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!"

I could care less for Rage or Cowell. I listen to stuff that hasn't been in rotation for 50 years. much of it out of print. But anything that puts a knock on prepackaged pop is cool in my book.