Dragon Age Question

Shoma

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone here mentioned it, I believe it was Skythe, but it seems if others have missed it. So i will elaborate.

There is a "Gambit" system. All non player characters in party will do exactly what you want via the FFXII Gambit system. If you have gotten far in FFXII you'll know how useful this is. But yes, there are times when you need to pause the game and set things straight from time to time.

As for "hack and slash" It is, I don't know what you mean by "i command you to engage in combat" rather than "yeah! im engaging in combat"

As soon as an enemy is in range, he or she is selected (in front of you) hit (a) and you do your thing. As for other targets, You can aim like Mass Effect and reselect an opponent, or use the d pad to filter through ALL possible selections, including barricades and chests.

The game is very hack and slash. I am a warrior, and my battle skills are few fortunately. I wreck shit without going into the menu. But when I switch to other characters, with their plethora of moves, I'm glad there is a gambit system.

Although there is a problem I have within the subject were in. When I (warrior) go into my circle menu (paused) to select a move, when I release the circle, he does the move right there... without running up to the enemy. Now... wtf is that. I'll play around a bit, but Im pretty sure no matter how you look at it, thats retarded. Im thinking... perhaps I need to RE-select the opponent first before I manually select the move from the radial... and if that is so, still, thats stupid.

Something else I dont like is how sometimes the character gets stuck. All your party members and other obstacles are in the path to your target, and your character is trying to get close enough to attack but cant, then runs around a bit to orient... FUCK! LOL If it were really me, Id do something ridiculous like a jumping attack vertical strike knocking all obstacles from my path. I am the tank so, gtfo of my way...

Someone here mentioned it, I believe it was Skythe, but it seems if others have missed it. So i will elaborate.

There is a "Gambit" system. All non player characters in party will do exactly what you want via the FFXII Gambit system. If you have gotten far in FFXII you'll know how useful this is. But yes, there are times when you need to pause the game and set things straight from time to time.

As for "hack and slash" It is, I don't know what you mean by "i command you to engage in combat" rather than "yeah! im engaging in combat"

What I meant was, in pc I just send the chars to a person and I just watch them attack them until I intervene.(i command you to engage in combat")

For I what I believe Im being told, in the console version, I have to continuously press an attack button over and over again,(a good example would baldur's gate, The Reckoning, Dynasty warriors for the 360 or even something like LOTR Two Towers. THESE are what I consider hack'n/slash cuz I have to press an attack for each attack.)

Sadly I never played Diablo, so any reference to that games doesn't help.Skythe almost answered my question but I was curious if the console has the same point-click-watch thing, or is a more interactive system like the previous titles i mentioned.

(BTW. ME1[360] was like a 3rd person shooter with rpg elements; I didn't have the luxury to click point and watch the AI do my bidding)

P.S. - Sorry if Im being slow...

For I what I believe Im being told, in the console version, I have to continuously press an attack button over and over again

Negative good citizen!

Initiating an attack is the same on 360, PS3 and PC. Pick target, automatically run and normally attack. Click/pick skills to do buffs, debuffs or special attacks.

The only difference between consoles and PC is the number of skills you can have on screen. That's it.

ANother thing, How do i get behind an enemy to a do a backstab, im a rogue and everytime i got into battle in stealth mode they always see me and it says "detected".

Do i have to put the cursor on the enemies back ot does he have to fight someone and i just hit him while he's attacking?

Yeah but in Diablo you don't HAVE to keep clicking, you can just hold down the mouse button. Maybe I'm wrong though I haven't played it in awhile.

Not in the original Diablo. They added that in Diablo 2. Such a lazy feature, I prefer clicking like a madman. Overall with the combat system that Dragon Age has, I think it suits a keyboard and mouse better.