Dragon Age Question

Shoma

Um, I wanted to ask this in the other thread but fail there....

I bought Dragon Age off a whim but when I was about to open it i thought about a review that says this game is betta on pc.

Now they say these games play totally different, so I just want to know the differences.

Im more of a hack slash guy, but I want some strategy driven combat as well, Im not even sure how the PC version plays so if someone detail the difference I will know whether or not I decide to return this game and get the boot--- i mean the PC game from Gamestop.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-dragon-age/58517

Best video I've seen about their comparisons so far.

On PC, it'll be play like an MMO, on a Ps3/X360, you'll have 3 hot keys.

At first the game will be hacknslash, but then when everything gets hectic, you will have to "pause" the game and figure out a strategy (kinda like neverwinter nights).

Watch the video ;).

The console gameplay is called Pause'n'Play. You have 6 hotkey slots set to X, Y, A (360) or [], ^, O (PS3). The first 3 you can do on the fly. The second 3 you have to press a button to flip to those to use. Any other skills you want to use but don't have on that, you'll have to go to the skills window which pauses the game.

On PC you have a bar at the bottom of the screen that holds a good number of skills in it. And you just click em.

Does the PC version lets u hack or is just "go to him" then "watch him attack"?

I loved mass Effect so have no problem with a little interactive combat, the whole "i command you to engage in combat" rather than "yeah! im engaging in combat" is my fix.

So i saw a video of someone playing the pc version and i notice it had the click here, move here thing going on. (major fail for my taste)

How ever, havnig all the attacks at da bottom for quick acces is much better than having to set up presets.

You click the enemy and whichever character you're controlling goes after that enemy whatever form of way they auto-attack (if you have a melee weapon you run straight to the enemy and attack while a bow or staff you stay at a distance and attack). To do any skills you have to click the skills. Your AI companions do normal attacks and skills based off of what tactics you apply to them.

The "hacking" you are referring to is the normal means of attacking. The skills are either special attacks, buffs or debuffs. The combat is pretty close to Mass Effect. I can't remember if in Mass Effect you physical make your character shoot guns or if you auto attacked.

The PC version has Diablo style attacking. You click the enemy and your character will automatically keep attacking until it is dead. However if you want to use any special abilities you have to activate them yourself with a bar filled with buttons on the bottom. You can pause like others have said if you want to do a bunch of stuff at once (sometimes you will have more than one character too adding to the amount of things you can do at once)

I think i get it now

PC = They hack on their own, until you make them do special attacks.

Console = You press a button to hack and you can control the special attack through a a preset menu.

/\Verify is this is correct/\

Another question guys:

This is my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.10 Ghz

RAm: 2gb

(DirectX 11)

32bit windows 7

Video Card : Nvidia Geforce 8500GT 512mb (it says my mem clock is 400mhz with 800mhz date rate)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOw they're mim requirements for a vista pc is:

* CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater

* RAM: 1.5 GB or more

* VIDEO: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater

DVD ROM (Physical copy)

20 GB HD space

NOw if Im not mistaken, I exceed the requirements except for the intel thingie, but when i try to play it; the Framerate is horrid just by doing simple movements.

Am I missing something here?

The PC version has Diablo style attacking. You click the enemy and your character will automatically keep attacking until it is dead.

That's the opposite of Diablo style attacking. In Diablo each click is a hack/slash, you have to keep clicking to keep attacking, and right click for magic attacks. Much more of a click fest.

Minimum requirements are more of a "Your game can run on this computer with everything on low and hopefully the framerate will be about twenty" kind of thing.

That's how I've always felt anyways (I can't count how many times I've hit minimum only to have the game run slower than a hamster).